Monday, October 10, 2016

HOMECOMING

East, west, home's best.

September truly was a whirlwind, and October is off to the same kind of start.  I got home on Sunday afternoon to a family that was so glad to see me - almost as glad as I was to see them.  John left Wednesday morning for John Brown University, because he was asked to be on the Board of Trustees and had orientation.  I left with the kids on Thursday morning, so we could make it there by lunch time.

I love taking the kiddos to Siloam Springs and running them around our old campus.  College Carol never saw any of this coming, and it is such a gift to still be so connected to JBU.

Untitled
Untitled
(running his car over every pew)
Untitled

We also got to tour the new nursing building, though we were kindly warned to turn around before seeing a very life-like mannequin giving birth in a room at the end of the first hallway. 😳 That would have been a bit more than we wanted to explain in detail to our children, and we stuck to enjoying the cupcakes.

Untitled

John's official board duties were finished by Friday afternoon, and we thought about attending more of the Homecoming specific activities, but the truth is - we are a bit worn out after the last month.  So - we hung out with family, saw a dear friend in town and hit up Homegrown Fest in the beautiful weather, relishing the fall fun.

Untitled
Untitled
(This girl is particularly glad to have me home and keeps saying, "I missed you. You went on a plane?  You back now?" 😍 And then I have to wipe her nose again. 😝)
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(Group selfies don't usually go as desired.)
Untitled
(The Mexican Street Tacos by Yeyos food truck were delish.)
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(I often collapse into sleep in the middle of hula-hooping just as this one did.  She's so busy.)

We ran into sweet people along the way, and I was reminded all over again of my love for that town and those people.  It's such a gift to have another place that feels like home.  We stayed an extra night so as not to rush things, and I was glad we did.  It allowed us to hit up one of our favorite coffee places on the way home.

Untitled

We also devoured a tasty lunch in Conway and enjoyed being all together.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Our weekend certainly had highs and low, and I am SO SO SO glad to be at home for the foreseeable future.  Coming home is the best feeling in the world.

0 comments: