Thursday, January 19, 2017

JANUARY HAPPENINGS

What have we been up to?  Mostly, we've just been doing our normal life - though thankfully, January is less crazy than December so "normal life" is only "normal" exhausting as opposed to holiday exhausting. 😂  I'm grateful for any decrease in the exhaustion level, and as we are implementing REST this year, hopefully, we will see our overall level of tiredness drop at least a little.  (Unfortunately, there's been some sleep regression with a certain three year old that is not helping the cause at this moment. 😬😴)

We had a family fun day a couple of weeks ago where we took in the Museum of Discovery and a tasty late lunch at Dizzy's Gypsy Bistro downtown.  The cheese dip really is as good as it claims to be.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(Creepy mirror mash up of Bella and I)
Untitled
(William loved dancing with his skeleton.)
Untitled
(Local weather brought to you by these knowledgeable folks.)

Something I've realized this month is that whenever we go out to eat, I usually end up next to William who wants to have physical contact through the entire meal.  I'm trying to relish this instead of putting his hands off of my arm, because my son will not always want to grip my arm with one hand whilst shoveling food into his mouth with the other.  These are fleeting moments, and I can surely give up my desire for personal space to enjoy them.  Right?

Untitled

We went and saw Cinderella with friends and enjoyed a delightful night out.

Untitled

The next night at the UALR men's basketball game was slightly less relaxing, but we did have fun.

Untitled

I did Violet's hair, which actually went better than it ever has, much to my shock.  Some things are getting better, and though this pic is blurry and badly lit, I still wanted to document the sweet smile on her face, because it feels good to make progress.

Untitled

The girls, but not the twins, were out of school for MLKJR Day, so we headed to a fun antique store to shop for things to redecorate our living room.  I've got the itch to redecorate most of the main areas of our home, and that will be a project that I plan to work steadily on this year.  Right now, I'm restyling the shelves in my living room and having a blast!  Lily and Bella were fun to shop with, we picked up a few treasures, and we rewarded ourselves with lunch at the Marketplace in Conway.  All while listening to the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe while driving.  Pretty much a fantastic day all around.

Untitled
(This whole booth was organized by color. 😍😍😍)
Untitled
Untitled

Last year, I wrote a post about how I think about MLK Day now.  This year, I made cookies.

Untitled
Untitled

I'm gearing up for Valentine cookie season and trying to manage it in such a way that it does not take over our lives. 😬  Hope your 2017 is off to a good start!

0 comments: