Off we went to TCBY. For about 20 minutes, it was one of those perfect family evenings where everyone is happy and content.


(Check out the chocolate dripping off of John's chin. That was for the picture. He is a great dad.)
And here is "Chocolate Face" herself - that is what I called her, and she quickly adopted the name. And, the other one loved laughing at little miss mess.


John did eventually abandon the seat next to Lily in an attempt to come away with a little less chocolate all over himself. I said, "Hey, let's take a picture together. We can just turn your phone around." Here is what we got to start with.

And, sometimes I try sappy things, like getting a cute "kissing" picture. Other people have them. We even have some good ones, but, tonight, that was asking too much. I would not describe this as cute. You can look away as soon as you need to.

In the end, we did come out of the ordeal with a cute picture to show for it. Which is what matters in life, as everyone knows.

As we were sitting there, we talked about what a fun time we got to have with our little family. I want to treasure these times, because it is not always fun with frozen yogurt around here. There have been many moments this week when I felt like I was getting it wrong with Lily. Like she was winning - at least, I know she was whining, which was about to drive me mad. And, John and I have had some hard moments this week as well, where I was getting it wrong. Our biggest struggle as a couple is work-life balance, and we have had some long conversations this week trying to figure it all out. Which, of course, we can't. We need more of God in our marriage and our lives, because being selfless and godly does not come naturally to us.
So, it is nice to soak in the nice weather and the nice moments. Especially since you never really know what will be right around the corner when you have a two-year-old in the mix ready to make your life a little less fun as soon as you get in the car. Like she did right after these pictures.
Linking up at






9 comments:
Oh there are so many comments I have! First off, I love that you said the weather has been nice when I have been MELTING already. Second, TCBY is the greatest thing and I think they need to ramp up their advertising because no one has any idea how great it is. Third, that kissing picture... And finally, what is the "linking up" thing at the bottom of the post? It seems cool.
Ok how do you get anything done with those crazy cute babies?! I would be all over them all day long. And the pole and kiss picture made me laugh, that is something that would happen over here!
Thanks for linking with me, keep Em in your prayers.
Amy
oh.my.gosh.....those eyes!! what kind of camera do you have? I love how you match the girls outfits :-) and you and your hubby look so in love!!!!!
your little one has gorgeous eyes. love the chocolate face
so true. I love family dates. I LIVE for the weekends because I know we get atleast 1 and it makes my heart smile.
Your kiddos are ADORABLE!!!! Cute post.
Fabulous pictures ~ your family is adorable! Yay for TCBY. And hey, I hear ya my 2 year old daughter has been testing every limit and all of my patience lately. This morning she laid down just outside of the entry to our health club screaming and wouldn't move. One woman walked by, smiled and said, "I've been there." I think, we all are there at some point.
Good luck to you finding the balance and tolerating the whining. Just keep looking at those beautiful faces of your family :)
I love these. Looks like sooo much fun! soak it up!
This post is cracking me UP! I can feel the joy and the love! :)
Post a Comment