
This picture pretty much sums up how the weekend was. Most of us were really happy most of the time, until we weren't. Bella took her turn being upset in this picture - these are the other pictures we took trying to get a good one. Self-timer really will give us some classic moments to keep forever.

On Thursday, I went shopping at Wal-Mart. If you see this in the parking lot, I have some advice for you.

Do not wait in a car behind this hapless mother of two children who still needs to unload all of her groceries and children into the car because you think you need her parking place, though there are many others. This will make her feel a little frantic. Just a word to the wise. And Lily did cry over the spilled milk. Two days later, John and I took a family shopping trip to this same Wal-Mart that apparently had not had the carts corralled for several days. Cart carnage abounded. I guess that is the craziness of a holiday weekend.

The morning of the 4th - John did the Firecracker 5K in Midtown Little Rock, and then we headed to Krispy Kreme to start our holiday off right. Good times.



We had a little grill-out for a few friends and the little friends that came with them. Lily helped me make home made ice cream (I plan of sharing the recipe later this week! Yum!).

Two Little Miss Independents.



Food, family and friends. Can't ask for much more.





We would have loved to go see a fireworks show, but they start so stinking late, and our little friends were just not going to make it last night. We could just tell it would not fly. So, they went to bed, and we finished up some projects in the playroom - we got it totally painted this weekend. And, we watched our cats get spooked from neighborhood fireworks. Last year, a firework that we used aptly named the "Bump and Grind" went crazy and shot 3 of our 5 neighbors' houses, setting one very large bush ablaze. Sadly, though probably for the best, that ruined doing our own fireworks for John forever. And, there will again come a time when we do go to fireworks shows that start after dark in the summer time, but for now, we will enjoy having a 2.5 year old and an almost 9 month old.
Hope you had a safe and merry 4th of July. We are thankful to live in a country that affords us more freedom and opportunity than most of the world, and I hope we use it to the glory of God.






8 comments:
Carol, thanks for you sweet comment on my blog. You have a wonderful family.
Your girls are really gorgeous!!!!
Stopping from Jenna Journey! What a cuties! You are so right about moms and giving them time to load up their cars. There are tons of parking spaces in most lots.
Oh my goodness, Carol! Are we the same person?? ;) Love those girls, love the photos (awesome color and clarity!) and love that I'm not the only one who gets really mad at people scoping out my parking spot!! That just burns me up! Also, looks like your Wal-Mart just got new carts, too. One of ours did a few weeks ago and it is just heavenly! I must be old and lame if I get excited about that, huh? :) Will definitely be back to check in on your sweet family...we probably have even more in common!
Your blog is just adorable!! I am your newest follower!
So happy to have found it through the commenting challenge. :]
OK, I LOL about the bush blazing. Oh my goodness, SO funny. Ofcourse, probably not for you. Or John. Who seems like he might have a bit of PTSD from the event. :)
looks like y'all had a fun (and relaxing--ha) weekend. :)
your girls are adorable!
Such fun! The question that's really running through my mind, though, is where you got the red shorts/skirt you are wearing on the 4th. :) Super cute!
great pictures!
Post a Comment