
We played games, watched HGTV on their 92" screen (pretty houses are even better when viewed that large), and Luke took Bella's 9 month pictures. Here is what that entailed.



I do feel like his studio is a magical place, and I am glad my girls will get to grow up going there. Lily was ever helpful and wanted to "sit by Bella" during most of the shoot, though I know she wouldn't want to if that is what we wanted her to do. Swim shoes go great with rompers. Speaking of rompers, I didn't realize until I had us all dressed, that that is what I had packed for all of us to wear that day. I know someday, probably not too far off, I will wonder why I ever wore a romper. They are super comfortable and remarkably cool - both of which are critical when the news says that you are living in a "heat dome" that may never be lifted off of the middle of the country. I will make sure to read this in five years when I look at this picture and think, "Really, Carol?"

Aunt Ellen made sure Lily had plenty of stickers to keep her occupied, and Lily made sure that she was not showing too much leg.

Small towns are great. Siloam Springs is a special place to us, because that is where we met and fell in love and got married. But it has its quirks. When walking through the downtown (about two streets), these bizarre things were spotted inside windows.

Who needs a prop werewolf? And why does the insurance company have a stuffed bobcat in their window? Bella really liked it - she is currently obsessed with cats and squawks like a pterodactyl when she sees one. Unfortunately, strange things also happen in small towns - Luke's car got keyed. Someone got really creative in what they wrote. Who does that?

We did eat dinner at my favorite restaurant in town (Cafe on Broadway) and met up with Becci - a dear friend. So dear that Lily's middle name is after her. The food was great ("Blue" salad with blueberries and blue cheese and a Monte Cristo Sandwich!), and the company was even better.





We rounded out our trip by eating lunch with an old friend on our way back yesterday. Bella and Liam look like they will be good friends! So fun to get to see her!






3 comments:
I love Siloam Springs and miss it so much. My best friend still lives there so I get to visit every few months. Our years spent living there were so special, and JBU has so much to do with that!
Your BIL's studio is amazing. His skills are totally are totally worth the drive from Tulsa-maybe I'll go this fall!
I would totally wear a romper this summer if I wasn't nursing. I'm pretty sure my mom wore them when I was a kid-30 years ago!
You will never regret wearing the romper, especially when your legs look so svelte! :) Also: I'm bringing back denim overall shorts, if you would care to join me.
great pictures! your girls are seriously so adorable!
Post a Comment