Wednesday, September 12, 2012

LOCAL LIBRARY TRIP FOR LITTLE LADY LEARNING

I sure love alliteration.  Don't you?  It's like tone on tone colors or musical harmony.  Moving on.

This past summer we made almost weekly trips to our library to check out new books.  It has become one of the girls' favorite activities, so I thought I would document it this week.  And, truth be told, since the kick off of fall, we haven't been as much and we had a slew of overdue books.

IMG_0510

We keep library trips pretty quick right now, because the girls are busy, grabby and loud.  I do a lot of shushing.  But, the kids section is fun, and picking out books is even more fun.

IMG_0507
IMG_0512
IMG_0509

I let them pick pretty much whichever books strike their fancy, and I usually try to pick out some classics with well-loved stories or characters.  We leave with quite a stack each time, often including Christmas books, even with temperatures outside in triple digits.  There are an awful lot of Christmas books, and they are mixed right in with all the others, and of course, the girls are drawn to those.

Today there were also plush toys out in the kids section, much to Lily and Bella's delight.

IMG_0513
IMG_0514

You may be able to see why it is hard to keep them shushed.  Also, you may have noticed a wagon in the background.  It's ours.  Today I had that genius idea, because trying to get Lily, a very non-compliant Bella and the books to the car is quite a feat.  The wagon proved mostly a win, except for when Bella wanted to pull it through the sets of handicap accessible doorways, getting stuck and then hit with said doors.  Unfortunate and loud.

But, we got out with our books and most of our sanity intact.

IMG_0518
IMG_0519

And now I have all of this new, educational, free entertainment for my children.

IMG_0520
IMG_0521

At least, it is free when you turn in your books on time.  Gotta work on that.

3 comments:

Kristin Murdock said...

This library was honestly one of my most favorite of places while living in Little Rock.

Becca said...

I love seeing kids enjoy the library, so thanks for documenting your library adventures :-) My fav is the last one of Bella so focused on her book in her car seat. Love it!

Jackie Hudson said...

I love seeing kids enjoy the library, so thanks for documenting your library adventures :-) My fav is the last one of Bella so focused on her book in her car seat. Love it!