Wednesday, September 19, 2012

STUFF THAT DOESN'T MATTER & MORE COWBELL

Sometimes I can be a little intense, and it can be nice to get a break from that and talk about stuff that doesn't matter much.  Stuff like my hair.  I got it cut today, which was so nice and very much needed since I can't remember the last time it happened.  I was faced all over again with the funny reality that I want my hairdressing to be all about me and my time table.  I have never been committed to a stylist, but now I have cycled through several in Little Rock, and the guy this morning gave me a bit of a hard time about it.  He is trying to win me forever, and I feel like it might be nice to have someone consistent, but really, I value convenience above all else when it comes to this.  We'll see what I do next time my split ends look like they might be taking over my head.

Last night I cleaned out my purse.  That also seriously needed to happen.  It was so full of crumbs at the bottom that things were coming out of it with a layer of crusty film.  Sick.  Here are those crumbs.

IMG_1704

I also found:

A completely flattened off-brand cereal bar.

IMG_1700

More pens than one girl could ever possibly need on hand.

IMG_1706

Proof that I am a mom.

IMG_1707

Stuff that belongs there.  Wallet, keys, lip gloss ect.  Also, my CFA name tag that says "6 years of service," even though it is 9 years this month.  Clearly, I work at the store a lot these days.

IMG_1712

Also found but not pictured: coupons that expired in 2010, tickets from several events in the last six months, random receipts, a plethora of church bulletins, napkins in various stages of use, gift cards with money on them that I used last night and last, but definitely not least, a cowbell.

IMG_1702

Because we all need more cowbell in our lives.  The object is more interesting than the story behind it, but it has been in my purse for several months now clanging obnoxiously, and I must have had "bursts of laziness" to not have removed it until now.

In other news that doesn't matter, or at least, doesn't matter much, I am using the My Fitness Pal app on my iPhone to track my daily calories.  This has worked well for me in the past, but yesterday I realized that I needed to reset the goals since it was only allotting me 1200 calories a day.  1200 calories a day is not enough for me, and I found myself incredibly hungry and cranky by mid-day yesterday.  The calorie count is set higher now, and my stomach and mind feel much better today.  It makes me much more aware of what I am eating, which is really where I should be anyway.  Since I suck at moderation, it helps me to have a real goal and be doing something to live more healthily.

That will not stop me from eating Fruit Loops, which I have developed quite a strange liking for.

IMG_1634

Plus, they are pretty.

Well, that's all I've got right now.  Hope your week is filled with stuff that really does matter, though I do understand the need and desire to talk about the other stuff too.  And I wish you more cowbell.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I love you, Carol! Just about every paragraph of this post made me laugh. I have also found that exact same flattened cereal bar in my purse! Enjoy your fruit loops!

Meaghan said...

I don't know you in real life, but you are now endeared to me for carrying around a cowbell in your purse for an undetermined amount of time. : Go State!