Friday, June 07, 2013

WALK ON THE WILD SIDE

Our car trip went better than we could have imagined.  I can say that wholeheartedly and not feel like I am bragging, because so many other things go crazy at other times.  But, if there was ever a world where our kids would always travel this easily (not going to happen), then we would drive around the world.  But, I will gladly take how wonderful yesterday's travel was any time.

This morning, we headed to Tanganyika Wildlife Park near Wichita, and it was amazing.  We started off our visit by petting the giraffes.

IMG_3538
IMG_3547
IMG_3540

There were animals and some reptiles to pet along every turn, which the girls loved!

IMG_3558

The kangaroos and their joeys! (babies in their pouches) were a major hit.

IMG_3575
IMG_3577

Lily and John enjoyed riding a camel.

IMG_3598

We enjoyed seeing so many creatures - including a two week old zebra.

IMG_3580
IMG_3590
IMG_3600

We rounded out our time with the lemurs, who were adorably strange.

IMG_3608
IMG_3609

Bella was not up for pictures and definitely ran out of good juice at the end.

IMG_3578
IMG_3592

If you are in the area, you should definitely checking it out.  This post is short on words and heavy on pictures, because I am enjoying hanging with my family.  We love them so!

1 comments:

Linds said...

LOVE the picture of you with the giraffe! AMAZING.