Wednesday, February 05, 2014

THIS & THAT

I'm sure by now all of you have seen Geico's camel Hump Day commercial.  It never fails to make me laugh - seriously.  And then I am reminded of being in college and having one of the women who helped clean our dorm write on the dry erase marker boards on each of our doors - "Happy Hump Day."  She took the time to do this every week and would draw a little hump.  At the time I thought it was a bit strange, but looking back I think - She took time to be extra kind to us.  Just because.  What a gift.

All of that to say, Happy Hump Day - we're half way through the week!

I wrote a guest post for sweet Kelcie at This Beautiful Inheritance.  I gave it the cheery title of "Dead Dreams," so if you're interested, you should definitely check it out.  I was a little intimidated to be writing a post for someone else's blog, but it turned out to be fun.  Thanks for the chance, Kelcie!

Today I have been awed as I have driven around town.  The sun has been playing peek-a-boo, and every time it appears from behind the clouds, it seems that the trees are covered in diamonds.  They are sparkling, and it is gorgeous.

IMG_6857
IMG_6859
IMG_6862
IMG_6866

The creativity of God is declared by nature so fully.  I am amazed with the diversity of beauty that the four seasons bring, and I love seeing something unusual that transforms the ordinary to something extraordinarily lovely.  I also love that we have not lost power through this storm cycle, and I am so grateful.

In other news, this week I am covered up in Valentine's cookies, but they are coming along really well!  I just love Valentine's Day.  I can't help it.

IMG_6867

I'm off to cover all those bare cookies with sugary, almond flavored goodness.  Yum.

0 comments: