Sunday, February 16, 2014

THIS WEEK: HIGHS & LOWS

This week has been punctuated with funny moments, and I would be remiss not to record them.

High:  Olympics.  We are major Olympic fans, and usually we are totally glued to our television for the 16 days of fun.  This year we are slightly less glued, because we have to do so many other things.  But still, we are finding a bit of time to squeeze in some sports mania.  I love the pageantry, and the stories and the triumph and tragedy, and I find myself in tears almost every other moment from the drama of it all.  I love it.

Low:  Weather uncertainty.  Will it snow?  Won't it?  How should we plan?  This winter has been cold and nasty as most of the country can attest.  This week it caused some scrambling to figure out when we would make the various trips we needed to make.  It all worked out, but it was a bit hairy at times.

Low:  We did get to go to Bible study this week, which was actually a high.  But, while I was there, I got a text from the childcare coordinator telling me that Bella kept scratching her backside and seemed quite uncomfortable and asking if I had anything that I could put on it.  Of course I didn't have anything.  After pillaging the church's first aid kit, I found some cream to rub on her bottom.  Being a mom has some glorious moments.

Low:  We headed to eat dinner at our church's opportunity center with a family that we have been getting to know.  They have two month old twins and were running a bit on the late side, which is totally understandable.  When they arrived, Lily - who rarely speaks to adults unprompted - looked them straight in the face and said, "You guys are super late."  What a welcome.  We need to teach Snow White a few more manners.

Untitled

High:  Bella got interviewed about me by her teachers for Valentine's Day.  The results are quite hilarious.  For the record, I do like eating - I guess she has caught on to that.

Untitled

High:  Drive Thru dates.  When I go through our CFA drive-thru, I often text John, and he comes and jumps in the car and rides around with me.  This day I didn't have any kiddos with me, so it felt like a bonafide date.  I will take it when I can get it.

Afterlight

High:  On Friday, we drove to Siloam Springs to get pictures made, and it turned out to be a beautiful day.  We also got great pictures that I am looking forward to seeing.  Luke works photo magic, though it did wear the babies right out.

Afterlight
Afterlight
Afterlight

High/Low:  You know Valentine's is different when it is a treat to go out to dinner with four adults and 5 children, because you don't get to see those other adults very often.  The five kiddos did okay, but William was plum wore out.

Afterlight
Afterlight

High:  Aunt Ellen gave us the quilts she made for the twins.  They are amazing!  Thanks, Aunt Ellen!

Untitled

Low:  Laundry.  Isn't that always a low?  My sweet Sis-in-law folded the kiddos laundry, and I found the 15 socks that she had not found matches for in the two loads.  15 socks without matches!?!

Afterlight

High:  The weather this weekend has been amazing.  We loaded everyone up and enjoyed some time walking/running at the river yesterday.

Afterlight
Afterlight

We are gearing up for a busy week as we will head out for Disney later this week.  So exciting!  So much to do.

2 comments:

Carmen Smith said...

Love the DOUBLE double strollers! Saw a post on IG that the twins sleep problems are cured. I sure would be interested in ANY baby sleeping tips....

Carol Spenst said...

I am not sure that I have any great sleeping tips - the best thing we have been able to do is to let them cry it out a little bit. We hadn't been letting them cry much at all at night, and they really needed to learn how to soothe themselves a bit. I still give them their pacis in the night, but even the number of times they need it has decreased. It will get better - that's the good news!