Sunday, February 09, 2014

WEEKEND: IF GATHERING & SNOW

I was excited about the IF Gathering from the moment it was announced.  It was so many of my favorite writers/bloggers all together, and I had a feeling it would be amazing.  I was right.  One of my good friends here invited me to watch the live stream in her home, and the weekend was a gorgeous mix of hearing God's word preached, worship and so much fun with friends.  And also amazing food.  You can't leave out the amazing food component.  (I'm still waiting on a recipe for what may have been my favorite lasagna ever.  Hint, hint, Christy.)

Afterlight
Afterlight

I didn't know all of the girls that were there, but everyone was so solid that our discussions were rich, and it felt like we had all been together for much longer than the weekend.

Afterlight
Afterlight

It was so fun to get to hang with Lindsey in real life.  We've been blog friends for years, and we have many common friends both where she lives, and where I live, so spending time in person was a real treat!

Afterlight

Most of the speakers spoke on Hebrews 12:1-2, and it was really refreshing and challenging.  I have plenty of post processing still to undertake, and I am hoping and praying that God will continue to speak to me out of these verses and my notes.  It really was a joyous conference to be apart of.

The only major component of this weekend was the large (to us) snowfall that came on Friday night.  It was more than predicted, and when it came time for me to drive home around 10:30, the roads were quite a sight to behold.  John had traded vehicles with me, so I had our 4 wheel drive 4-Runner, which made all the difference.  I found that by driving cautiously and slowly, I did not have issues on the roads.  My issues were created by all the other people on the roads.

After trying three different routes to get home and finding vehicles abandoned, crashed or stuck, I took this selfie in the gas station parking lot where I regrouped and tried to come up with a new plan while on the phone with John.

Untitled

I ran into more roads that looked like this, but in the end, I made it to my neighborhood.  (I don't know what the Doritos truck was doing out that late.)

Afterlight

There is a big hill near the entrance to my neighborhood, and the bottom was littered with cars.  There were also men standing there in full winter and/or hunting gear, with their 4-wheelers parked ready to take people to their houses.  I love where I live, and though I didn't need their services due to my 4 wheel drive, it was nice to know that I would have had neighborly help if needed.

It was really beautiful the next morning.

Afterlight

John gets major credit for taking point on our children Friday night and all of Saturday.  And I didn't exactly leave him well-prepared.  I think my words were something like, "There is food in the fridge" and "Sorry I didn't mix any formula."  I am so grateful that my husband believed in what I was doing and made it possible - especially in the middle of a snow day where he was getting lots of calls from our store.

1 comments:

Lindsey @ A Dollop of My Life said...

did you share about the Doritos truck on Saturday morning and I just missed it? Because that is flat out hilarious. So glad you made it home safe, and that we were able to (finally) hang out. :)