Thursday, May 01, 2014

SOMETIMES, I SELL COOKIES

Well, I've been sitting on this for almost a year and thought it was finally time to reveal that I own a little cookie shop.  You probably guessed something like this was up if you follow me on Instagram, because my family clearly does not consume all of the cookies that I make.  Truth is, they would not be opposed to that plan, and Lily and Bella scoop up dried frosting chunks like they are the nectar of life.

I really do love making cookies.  I've found it to be a fantastic creative outlet, because there are endless themes and possibilities.  But - you don't have to take anything too seriously, because at the end of the day, it is just a cookie.  Somebody is going to eat it.  The end.

After doing extensive research and a bit of paperwork, I do have an official cookie business out of my home.  I'm legit and have been since sometime at the end of last summer.  As the twins slept less, I had less time than ever to make cookies, and so I decided not to make a big deal out of it at the time.  I've just sort of taken orders from a few people here and there.

And the reality is that even now, I don't have just a ton of superfluous time, so I will still only take a few orders for now.  This is an over-glorified hobby for me, and I don't want cookies taking over our lives.  I feel like God has given me the gift of creativity, and this is a fun way to use it to bless others.  All of the profit from selling cookies goes to orphan-care organizations or to help fund friends' adoptions.

Without further adieu - I'd like to introduce you to Willflowers Bake Shoppe.

Willflowers-Logo-01

Probably the easiest way to get info about Willflowers is to check it out on Facebook.  The page has pictures, pricing info and contact details in the About section.  If you are curious about why cookies might cost as much as they do, know that it is because cookies take a lot of time.  Especially when there are a lot of details, and honestly, it is not worth selling them if I don't charge a fair bit.

You may be wondering about the name - well, I have William and three girls, two of whom have conventional flower names: Lily and Violet.  After a little digging (ha!), I discovered that there is a "Bella" flower that grows mainly in the Middle East.  So, Willflowers Bake Shoppe was born.  I think coming up with a name was the hardest part of the whole thing.  That and disappointing people when I can't make cookies for them, because one person can only do so many things.

So - the cat's out of the bag.  I've got a cookie biz.  I may be able to help you with your next special event!

1 comments:

susannem said...

What a cool name. You are so talented. What a wonderful way to use your talents to glorify God.