Friday, April 29, 2016

APRIL CONCERTS

John and I have been spoiled rotten this month by getting to attend two concerts within three weeks.  Last night, we met up with friends (i.e. crashed their double date, which they graciously allowed us to turn into a triple!) to see Carrie Underwood.  She was incredible live - truly.  I got the tickets from a college friend last week, and they ended up being floor tickets - I've never been that close at a concert before.  Because the stage was 360 degrees, it was never too crowded, and we got to see Carrie up close!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Earlier this month, we saw Mumford & Sons who also put on a really great show.  I love beauty and truth, and my heart responds to both through deep emotion that often catches me off-guard, though I am more prepared for it as I get older.  I had an experience that reminded me again of the power that lays within truth, no matter where you hear it.  Mumford and Sons are certainly not a Christian band, but much of their music is laced with truth.  And since I spent a lot of time in college growing to understand that "All truth is God's truth," their concert turned into a worshipful experience for me.

Untitled

During both concerts, the lights came up, and we were treated to a display of talent that is truly God given.  Because my musical abilities stack up to nil and none, I am always blown away watching people create music so eloquently and seemingly easily.

Untitled
Untitled

Here's to April and great artists coming through Little Rock - we've been so spoiled!

0 comments: