Friday, June 24, 2016

TWINS' SWIM LESSONS

The girls have taken swim lessons the last two summers (2014, 2015), but this year it was time for the twinsies to become little water warriors - or at least to be able to not drown.  I was not at all certain that they would cooperate, and you better believe that I would have had no recourse should they have chosen not to get in the water.

However, they did awesome!  I would say that at this exact moment, Violet is a better swimmer than Lily who has stated that she prefers the "surface water." 😂😂😂

They started the week with seemingly open hearts and minds to the process, and they were jumping in the very first day, much to my surprise and delight!  (You can see video on Instagram on the side bar in the blog if you want - William laughs continually while jumping in.)

Untitled
Untitled

The girls were sad that they could not swim everyday, though on the days when we were heading to the pool afterwards, our teachers graciously allowed them to be in the pool.  Otherwise, they were hovering very near the edge and trying to interfere help at every turn.  They did cheer on the twins very enthusiastically, which I appreciated.

Untitled

Each day both William and Violet got more comfortable and spent time blowing bubbles, going under, kicking and jumping.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(You know I LOVE kids in goggles. 😍)
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

We had a great week, and I am thrilled with their progress.  Thanks, Torey and Conley for being awesome - my kids all love you!

Untitled

0 comments: