Friday, June 03, 2016

MAGICAL TIDYING: STALLING OUT

So, it's June, and I am coming to grips with the fact that my magical tidying has stalled out for the time being.  Though the last magical tidying post I wrote was titled, "I Can Do Anything!", I'm still learning the reality that I cannot do everything. 😔 Especially at the same time.

May attacked me full force with a whirlwind trip to NYC, and the end of the school year madness that descends upon families.  It was everything I could do to finish whatever task lay directly in front of me.  Now it is summer, and my precious children are forever at hand and underfoot.  This is what my kitchen looked like yesterday.

 Untitled

Right this second, I feel like I am spending most of my time just keeping up with the basics.  Making the food, serving the food, and cleaning up the food all take time.  And the laundry.  There is so much.  Always.  By the time the kitchen is clean, the house is half way picked up and the laundry is completed (this is a unicorn trifecta in my home), then it is time to start it all again.

So, I'm working on giving myself grace this summer.  I am re-working on the kiddos closets now that we are in all summer clothing.  I think the constant reworking of those is just the cross we bear as mothers.  I have a list of the loose ends of all the other areas I finished, and I honestly need John's help to finish several of them.  Hopefully we will make time for that in the coming weeks.

That's the update.  There's not much happening right this second, but I am committed to finishing by the end of 2016.  I like giving myself realistic deadlines, and since I have almost 7 months left, I think it will happen.  Just probably not this summer when everyone is at the house.

Past Magical Tidying Updates
Initial Post
Update #1 (Clothes)
Update #2 (Books)
Update #3 (Kitchen)
Update #4 (I Can Do Anything!)

0 comments: