Thursday, September 29, 2011

Craft Night: Oh, What a Night!

      Last night, I hosted my first Craft Night, with help from a few friends, and of course, help from the hubby - thanks, John!  It was so fun and turned out even better than I could have hoped.  The premise was simple - get a group of girls together to make a simple, ubiquitous craft that everyone could do and enjoy.  I bought materials, and the ladies who helped came ready to teach a couple of options, as did I.  I asked each person coming to bring scissors, a glue gun and $10.  The great thing about it is that almost everyone I asked said, "Yes!"

IMG_0067
IMG_0073
IMG_0063

We chose to do burlap wreaths, because there are so many different varieties.  If you are wondering, I do have extra burlap- please ask me before you buy any for your next project.  Good thing it is popular and can be used for lots of stuff - I may create a fall garland to go around my front door.  Anyway, I just really didn't want to run out, and it was on sale.  We used this tutorialthis tutorialthis tutorial, and this great idea for wreath forms, all found on the magical land of Pinterest.  I felt like people had a lot of options and could mix and match to suit their style and skill.  I also asked a few people to bring snacks.  Nothing like an evening of crafting, snacking, laughing and talking!

Here are more pictures of the fun, including pictures of everyone with their finished projects.  This group was so great, and even though not everyone knew one another, it felt like people enjoyed themselves.

IMG_0065
IMG_0066
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
IMG_0086
Picnik collage
IMG_0082
Picnik collage
IMG_0085
Picnik collage

As you can probably tell from the pictures, this was a really fun group of girls.  Thanks so much to all who came and made it the best possible first Craft Night ever.  I am planning on doing this regularly, since it turned out so fun and not too much work.

4 comments:

the osbornes said...

SO FUN!! I'm sad I had to miss this, I definitely want to come the next time! I love all the wreaths!

Linds said...

oh my gosh. I want to move to Little Rock just so I can hang out with you! SO fun-- and I know several of the girls that came... some of my fave people!

Kristin Murdock said...

Jen's bubble wreath turned out SO nice! Great job Jen! Thanks for hosting this, Carol.

side note: i just realized i didn't bring ANY of the three things you asked us to bring. #badcrafter

Joeylee said...

how fun! they all look great!