Monday, September 19, 2011

Snapshots in Time: Moments I Want to Remember

      Life sometimes feels as if it is streaming by so quickly that I may miss it.  I am the cause of some of this, because I am always looking for efficiency, always trying to multi-task.  What am I missing by not being in the moment?  I am almost finished reading the book One Thousand Gifts - read it.  It is amazing, and it is reshaping the way I think.  It is a challenge to live fully, right where you are, mostly by giving thanks in all things and all moments.  Here are some moments that I want to cherish - from silly to touching - snapshots of our last week.

Helping hands for all that I do.

f147aca9d606462d8fc654dde8e69373_7


Trip to the Skatium (yes, it is awesomely called that) to play with friends and love on sister.  Lily "roller-skated" for the first time in skates that were 2 sizes too big, and Disco Bella jammed out to the pop songs re-imagined by children (which is sort of strange) while tearing up an old church bulletin.

IMG_4476
Picnik collage

Family Date Night to Yogurt Mountain.  Bella jammed out here, too, and it was pure delight to see her bouncing along to the loud techno-ish music being played.  Lily proved, once again, that two spoons are better than one.

Picnik collage


Saturday afternoon spent around our house, together.  Leads to moments like these.

IMG_9948
IMG_9946
(carpet fuzz helps build immunity.)
IMG_9952
Picnik collage

Some days, picking up our house makes me feel just like Lily looks in this picture.

22ec4f5ebb234eb288fa3163351d5bf2_7


Groupon fueled date night at the Taj Mahal with John.  Indian food sure is tasty, and getting to know our waitress from the Czech Republic was a lot of fun.

fb30a21f0a8941a8ada15e39b3c9fc2a_7


John with his arms full of little girl love.  ♥

a613878d007a4cb4a121804a8e3499c8_7


After John ran super-slowly with me at the river, Lily helped me through the stretching (or sketching as she calls it) afterwards.

Picnik collage


I want to live intentionally.  I want to be fully present in the moments that God gives me, both the happy and the hard.  Thank you, Lord, for the grace moments I saw this week and weekend.

1 comments:

Ellen said...

Again, I am in love with these photos. Lily and that little personality...