Wednesday, January 02, 2013

ADOPTION WAIT-LIST UPDATE

Yesterday someone in our agency's unofficial Facebook group posted for families to check their emails - the numbers had been sent out.  So, I sat, with phone in hand, pulling down to refresh it over and over again every 30 seconds or so until it was there.  Our updated wait-list number.

0001Pf

Wow!  We have moved 20 spots on the healthy list since October, and we are now #3 on our special needs list.  It's kind of unbelievable, in fact.  Which means we still really have no idea when our referral will come.  It could be this month (which would be highly, almost impossibly unlikely), or it could be six more months or longer.

I spoke with our main contact at our agency right before Christmas as she made sure they were crystal clear about what specifically we are looking for, especially now that we are so close to the top of that special needs list.  I went over with her how we had gotten to the place where we were looking for two very young boys.  I asked her if she thought we were crazy.  She graciously told me "No."  She said that God lays different things on different family's hearts, and that they are privileged to be part of the journey.  Which made me so thankful for the agency that we are with, and it was a great reminder that we are not in charge of this journey.  God is, and he knows better than we do what our family needs.

So, we wait.  I would like for the wait to be shorter, rather than longer, but that is borne out of my natural impatience.  I know it will happen in God's timing, and though I wish we had more info about what that timing might be, I know it will be good.

0 comments: