Friday, January 25, 2013

THIS WEEK: HIGHS & LOWS

High:  I started a new work out class last week with lots of people I know and child-care.  Definitely a win-win.  Mondays is the step-aerobic day, and I say thanks to God and my mother that she took me to step classes in high school so that I am a little less hopelessly lost than I otherwise would be.

Low:  Fridays in this work out class are Boot Camp Day.  All caps, because it feels big and bad like that.  I pulled a muscle in my groin yesterday by sneezing - which makes me sound and feel like a crazy old lady.  Needless to say, I was quivering and slightly nauseous by the end of the class today, and I am dreading the soreness that will follow this weekend.  I can only hope that this class will do something about the jiggle that lives on me.

High:  Taking some afternoon/evening walks this week when the weather has been nice.  Getting outside makes things feel better in life.

Untitled

Throwing rocks is also great fun.

Untitled
Untitled

Low:  Getting hit on by a neighbor when I was walking the girls.  It was definitely more creepy than flattering.  I am obviously not the babysitter.

High:  Seeing Lily love her gymnastics class.  It is one of the highlights of her week.  I also love seeing her stick out her tongue, because it is a chip off of this block.  Seeing yourself in your children is trippy.

Untitled

Low:  Horse party remnants that still need to be picked up.  Or gotten down.  This horse balloon seems destined to live on our ceiling for a good while to come.

Untitled

High:  Learning that you can dry your nails the most quickly by sticking them in ice cold water for 3 minutes.  At home manis just got a whole lot better looking!

Low:  Actually putting my hands in ice cold water for 3 minutes.  I am a giant wuss, and I ended up having to do this one hand at a time, because I could not handle freezing finger-tips on both hands at the same time.

High:  Making heart-shaped Egg-in-Toast for the first time.  I heart cute food.

Untitled

Low:  The girls do not necessarily heart cute food, so they really spent time dipping the bread in the syrup and eating around the egg.  So nutritious.

Low:  Bella has continued to scream each morning when she wakes up, and since I don't want her to wake Lily, I get her and bring her to our bed.  This happened much earlier than I would like for it to several days this week.

High:  Bella does lay quietly in the bed, once she gets there - though wide awake.  I pretend to be asleep, and so does John, if he's still there.  She will sometimes rub John's shoulders and then rub my arm.  When you look at her, she says, "Good morning, Mommy!" or "Good morning, Daddy!" in her slightly husky Bella voice.  It is extremely endearing.

High:  Having the best friends in the world.  I know that other people have nice friends, but I must say that mine are the best.  Community group this week was a barrel of laughs that included so many things that I could never mention on a blog.  I love those people, and I thank God for the privilege of doing life with them right now.

Hope your week and heart was filled with Joy from the giver of all good things.  Happy Friday!

0 comments: