Wednesday, March 06, 2013

CHEERS FOR BROCCOLI

Again, I could have titled this "almost wordless wednesday," but we all know I can't help but writing stuff.  It's like a compulsion.

Yesterday, I was making dinner for our community group, and I was chopping up broccoli to steam.  For some crazy reason, the girls love eating the stalks of broccoli.  Raw.  As a snack.  That they view as a treat.  I'm not sure how this happened, but it did.

IMG_2563
IMG_2562

They each ate three long stalks of broccoli.  Amazing.

IMG_2559
IMG_2555

Lily chose her head gear and allowed me to put her hair in a bun.  Since I try not to be a psycho dictatorial mom about what she wears (I have those leanings), I rolled with it.  For now, the girls love dressing the same.  I guess since they don't know any other way, they think it is fun, so I will keep matching them for as long as they like it.  People ask me all the time if they are twins, which I am a bit more understanding of now that Bella's hair is a little longer.  They are almost the same size, which is a bit wild.

One thing the girls do often is clink their drinks together and say, "Cheers!"  I'm not exactly sure how this got started, but it is really endearing to watch.  This leads to them clinking pretty much anything they are playing with or eating together and saying, "Cheers!"

IMG_2553
IMG_2554

So, three cheers for three stalks of broccoli.  Much healthier than our normal afternoon snack of fruit snacks.  Eat up!

1 comments:

Linds said...

growing up we always ate the broccoli stalks. We would fight over them actually! I need to try it with my boys.