Friday, March 29, 2013

PRINCESS NIGHT

And, we continue to wait.  At this point, it feels a bit redundant.  I have been in contact with the babies' grandmother each day this week - sometimes a couple of times a day.  Getting to know her and see her godliness have been such a blessing.  These boys are covered in prayer, and I am forever thankful for that.  We have as many ducks in a row as we can, and so we just wait for a call.  It's like waiting to give birth to a baby, except with much less info.  So, not great.

This verse spoke to me today - Deuteronomy 31:8

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

In light of the potential upcoming changes, we have tried to take extra time with the girls.  We had planned to do this princess night for my birthday and decided to go ahead and do it.  The weather cooperated, and it turned out to be so much fun.

IMG_2814

I mentioned it in this post, but the dress I am wearing is my prom dress from high school that my mother made me.  (Side note - Mom is an amazing seamstress.  Now that I have made dresses, I am in extreme awe of her talent and skill.  Thanks, Mom!)  The girls were so excited when they saw me in my dress.  Bella kept jumping up and down, and Lily just kept petting the skirt.  I had a friend come and take pictures of us at the house - thanks, Linds!

IMG_2817

We stopped and John got us all flowers.

IMG_2823
IMG_2827

John had contacted a horse-drawn carriage (his idea!) and arranged a ride for us.  We surprised the girls who were delighted to see the horse named Diesel.

IMG_2828
IMG_2829
IMG_2831
IMG_2860

We got into the carriage and rode around down-town Little Rock.  As you might imagine, we garnered a bit of attention.  It felt like we were in Asia again as people on the streets whipped out their phones to take pictures.  The girls waved, as if we were our own parade.

Untitled
IMG_2836
IMG_2838
IMG_2845

Our driver brought a small dog with her that enamored the girls.

IMG_2844

The carriage ride lasted an hour, which was really just right.  By the end, Bella was testing out how fun the floor could be.

Untitled

Afterward, we headed to dinner at Ciao Restaurant in downtown LR.  I got no pictures of this event, but I can testify that the food was delicious.  Our proverbial clock struck midnight when Bella had had enough of everything and insisted on throwing things to the floor.  She then pounded the table and managed to flip a fork into her face.  We got dessert to-go.

John and I enjoyed the peace and charming fun that this evening brought.  Since we don't know what is headed our way in the coming days, we felt like this was a sweet gift from the Lord during this time.  So thankful that God knows what will and should be and will never leave our side.

4 comments:

Linds said...

seriously. my heart melted in a million pieces. what an AMAZING idea. John wins dad/husband of the year for the carriage ride. Simply precious.

We "2" Kings said...

Hi! I'm in the adoption group and I love reading your blog. Wanted to tell you that I will be praying for your family from Louisville, what a crazy change of events! I have wondered if something like this would ever happen to us. Praying also against spiritual warfare. Thanks for writing! :)

Unknown said...

How fun! :) Such a great idea. I'm sure your girlies LOVED every second.

Kristin Murdock said...

I LOVE this Carol. So sweet. What an incredible memory that your girls will have!