Monday, March 04, 2013

THIS WEEKEND WE . . .

This weekend we went to a friend's birthday party at one of our favorite local Mexican restaurants.  I love seeing these once college roommates, now work colleagues, share a laugh while each having a Spenst girl on their lap.  Happy Birthday, Jason!

IMG_2874

Also, I loved seeing Lily wear the sombrero.

IMG_2875


This weekend we experimented with pigtails on Bella and french braids on Lily.  As I wrote on Instagram, "I died and went to pigtail heaven."  I really love having girls.

IMG_2880

This weekend we tackled, at least started to tackle, a few projects around the house.  Hence the need for a Home Depot run.  And a run to Lowe's when Home Depot did not carry what we needed.  When Lily asked what Lowe's was, I explained that it was just like Home Depot, but with different colors everywhere.

This weekend we headed downtown for the Little Rock Marathon, with John running the Half.  I ran it last year, and this year he stepped up to the plate.  (Though to be fair, he could practically run it without training at all.  Oh wait, he did that three years ago.  Very annoying.)  He did train this year, and he ran his best half marathon time to date!  Way to go, John!

IMG_2528

IMG_2530

The Little Rock Marathon is known for its massive medals, and this year did not disappoint.  The medals for the full marathon were almost double this size.  Makes you feel like you won the world.

IMG_2531

This weekend we revisited a stain on the floor in Bella's room that is two years old.  With no research whatsoever, I tried a tip mentioned off-handedly by a friend.  I sprinkled baking soda all over the spot and let it sit there overnight.

IMG_2877


Then, I poured what ended up being an entire large bottle of vinegar onto the spot.  The resulting foam was quite captivating.

Untitled

The girls got in on the fun helping me soak it up.

Untitled

Did it work?  Verdict is still out.  It seemed to remove some of the extra grime.  The whole carpet needs to be shampooed or replaced, most likely.  However, I am trying to salvage it.  I think I see a carpet shampoo rental in my future, or maybe cork flooring that would match our playroom.  That stuff is really kid friendly.

This weekend we laughed a lot at how funny our girls are.  Bella is in a stage where she roars like a lion.  A Lot.  This either enrages Lily or entices her into roaring as well, depending on the mood and the moment.  It can also make you feel a bit crazy in the head when your children are roaring at their only volume (extremely loud), and you wonder if you actually live in a zoo.  And to think, we are hoping to add two more children to the mix.

We also saw a lot of this, this weekend.  Poor, sweet kitty who is bravely willing to go where the other cat will not: Lily's arms.

Untitled

Hoping and praying to see more of God this week through the people he places around me and the work he has for me to do.  Happy Monday!

0 comments: