Thursday, May 30, 2013

GETTING OUR GROOVE BACK

The beginning of this week left me a little dismal, but I am pleased to say that the end of this week is much rosier.  I was actually pretty sick on Tuesday, which found me in tears by Tuesday afternoon bemoaning all the needs around me.  But, after getting to Community Group on Tuesday night and getting out with play dates the last two mornings, my world feels like a different and much better place. I am seeing that getting out is doable, especially if you have friends that will help you feed your babies. (Thanks, friends!)

On Tuesday, we headed to the fabric store, because I am going to attempt to sew baby bedding for the mini-cribs that we just had delivered to our front steps.  Maybe I will do a nursery in-progress post soon.  The girls were fascinated by sitting on the cutting table while our choices were being cut.

Untitled

That snack trap that Lily is grasping was then lost in the store, which was discovered after I had loaded all four kiddos into the car.  Thankfully, one of the kind ladies from the shop came out and watched the kiddos while I hunted down the renegade snack trap that was hiding in an antique baby pram.

On Wednesday, I seriously debated whether or not I should go to the pool.  I took the plunge (ha!), and got lunches packed and everyone loaded with wonderful John's help on his way out the door.  It ended up being the best choice.  Babies slept marvelously in the shade while we all frolicked in the water.  Poolside lunch with light clean-up makes moms and kids happy.

Untitled

This morning was bittersweet.  It was the last play date with our community group girls before the Kosses officially move away.  Here's a picture of all but five of the kiddos from our group, all under 7 years old.  Love them all, though not all of them were happy about getting a picture taken.

IMG_3504

We played until it started raining, then we had a picnic under the walkway to the pool.  This is how we roll.

Untitled

Once the rain cleared off, we got to play some more.  One of my girls enjoyed riding these things more than the other one.

Untitled
Untitled

Being a kid is such hard, tiring work.  So is being a baby.

IMG_3496

I'd say that being the parent is harder.

IMG_3495

So nice to realize that life will keep going, and I will not be stuck in baby-land by myself.  I realized that all of my normal activities like mother's day out and Bible study quit right when I brought home the twins.  Now that I am planning activities and getting out, I definitely feel more normal.  I can see that God designed us to need other people, and I certainly do.  I'm so thankful to be getting my groove back, though I am quite certain that I could lose it again at any moment.  Grooves are such fickle things.  Here's hoping this one sticks.

0 comments: