Thursday, June 13, 2013

DAYS IN PUEBLO, CO

After Kansas, our next stop was Pueblo, Colorado - where John's parents live.  We had a delightful time at a slow pace enjoying being with grandparents and the fun that Pueblo offers.  The mornings at the house brought playing in the sand and garden.  For some that was a full-contact activity - I'm talking to you, Lenny.

IMG_3784
IMG_2788

And, of course, there was baby feeding and holding.

IMG_3775
IMG_3821

Dish washing became a favorite activity - something that I need to harness for the future.

IMG_2815

John and I got some time away, which we always value.  We went to a favorite local Mexican place for lunch.

IMG_2822

IMG_2823
IMG_3822

The other place that is a must eat at whenever you head to Pueblo (which I know is a top destination for most of my readers) is the Do Drop Inn.  It has delicious pizza when a sweet sort of crust that is crave-worthy.  My favorite is the Roma Pizza - YUM.

IMG_3797
IMG_3792
IMG_3786

For our evening activities (due to the fact that it turned crazy hot when we arrived here - but it is a "dry heat", which is significantly better than the face-melting "wet heat" we get in Arkansas - we did most stuff at night), we went to the Pueblo Riverwalk and City Park.  The Riverwalk is always a fan favorite with lots of room to stroll alongside the river with many bronze statues of animals all along the way.

IMG_3798
IMG_3803
IMG_3813

Because of the tragic fires happening in Colorado Springs, there was a lot of smoke in the air.  It did make for a striking sunset.

IMG_3811

The other night we headed to City Park which has carnival rides on the super cheap and super fun.  Lily especially enjoyed the rides.  Bella would only ride on the carousel and the train - nothing else was an option.  Blue Icees always make life more fun.

IMG_3823
IMG_3827

It took some warming up for Bella to even enjoy this.

IMG_3828

Here is what I often look like on family outings.

IMG_3831

Lily was unsure about the roller coaster even through the end, but she hopped right on to another ride after it, so we think Lenny's enthusiasm must have been catching.

IMG_3846

This girl drank all of her treat and much of Lily's.  No surprise on this mama's face.

IMG_3848
IMG_3852
IMG_3858

The bounce house is always a favorite, and I caught this precious sister moment.

IMG_3869

Our time in Pueblo was really good, and I am so thankful for the memories that we are making with family!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

John that looks like an amazing time. So glad you shared your photos. You have an amazing family!