Monday, June 10, 2013

DRIVING THROUGH AMBER WAVES OF GRAIN

Yesterday found John and I with an opportunity to take my step father's antique convertible car out for a spin. And we grabbed it without looking back.

IMG_3736
IMG_3737

It felt like another life that we got to relish for about 45 minutes. A life where we were foot loose and fancy free. It is such a cool car, and that is coming from someone who cares very little about cars.

IMG_3738
IMG_3751
IMG_3752
IMG_3764

We drove out in the country, through the wheat fields. Kansas has a whole different kind of beauty. When I moved there in 8th grade- I hated it. I missed the hills and trees that I grew up with in Arkansas. But, as the years went by, I learned to appreciate the wide open spaces and the big sky. It lets you breathe deeply.

I have loved the plains in their own special way ever since, though I am partial to my hilly homeland. We loved driving through the fields blowing gently and enjoying the streams of sunlight through the clouds.

IMG_3745
IMG_3748
IMG_3750
IMG_3762

John loved driving a stick shift once more. These pictures are taken from the parking lot of my high school.

IMG_3754
IMG_3755

All in all, it was a fantastic mini-adventure, though convertible hair leaves something to be desired.

IMG_3759

Thanks, Wes! We love you- even more than we love your car.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Oh these pics make me think "I heart KS so much!". Way to make it to the MHS parking lot :-)

Kristin Murdock said...

This car is incredible!!!!!!