Tuesday, August 13, 2013

14 ON 12: A DAY IN MY LIFE

So I have long wanted to do a "10 on 10" that I have seen on a few blogs - take 10 pictures on the 10th day of the month about once an hour.  I always forget on the 10th of the month.  So, I decided to do the 12th of this month, and instead of 12 pictures, I managed to take 14.  Guess I always have overachiever tendencies.  I think I will do this about once a month, because it does give a fun snapshot into exactly what my life looks like at a certain time.  Here goes.

I started at 9:45 - workout class.  Crunches with a Christian flag in the background.  Good morning to me.

Untitled

10:45 - Picking up lunch through our CFA drive-thru.  I do this lots of days.

Untitled

11:45 - at a friend's house eating lunch and trying to organize photos, which was a bit of a challenge with our 8 kids.  It felt as crazy at it sounds.

Untitled

12:45 - Bella always falls asleep in the car.  Clearly she needs the nap she never takes.  Babies were also both asleep.

Untitled
Untitled

1:45 - Showering and washing my hair, since it had been four days.  William wanted to help me out.

Untitled

2:45 - Washing machine repair man came and gave me this sad news that I relayed to John.  On the bright side, the washing machine works again, which is a major win.  (Earlier in the day, he told me that the news broadcast from our CFA went well - hooray!)

Untitled

3:45 - Getting Lily up from nap, and I find her lying in a mess of her own creation (and maybe a little of my mess too) in my craft room.

Untitled

4:45 - Monday afternoon gymnastics.  I have the glad fortune of having friends whose kids are taking at the same time as Lily.  It offers great time to catch up!

Untitled

5:45 - Getting dinner ready.  It was in the crock pot, so while I was waiting on rice, I put dots on cookies.  They were prettier than the teriyaki chicken.

Untitled

6:45 - John sits with twins while he does a little work.

Untitled

7:45 - One down-ish, 3 more to go.

Untitled

8:45 - Kids down, John and I listening to country music while I work on more cookies and John looks at email.

Untitled

9:45 - Baby girl needs a bottle, and it turns out to be the last for the night, and the babies slept through the night!  Hopefully this trend will continue.  Noise machine for the win.

Untitled

10:45 - My nightly bottle filling, formula mixing routine.  I used to do this to get us set up for the nighttime feedings.  Now I have realized that it is helpful to have bottle ready to go when we are trying to get out the door.  I won't necessarily be sorry to see the bottle phase go, since I finally did all the math and realized we are spending almost $300 a month on formula.

Untitled

And then I went to bed.  This day was a little cookie heavy, but other than that, it was pretty normal.  Life is full, sometimes a bit busy - but it is rich indeed.  I'm so thankful for all that God allows for me to do these days.

0 comments: