Friday, August 23, 2013

TWINS ARE 4 MONTHS OLD!

Ya'll.  It is going by quickly and slowly all at once.  As the old adage goes, the days are long, but the years are short.  I think the months are somewhere in between.  August is speeding by, but it feels like we were in St. Louis a really long time ago.  I don't know how that happens.

Anyway - technically the babies turned 4 months old yesterday, but I decided to wait until today to talk about it, because we went to the doctor this morning, and I wanted to share the stats as part of this post. Also, you should know that this 4 month photo shoot was a bit of a disaster.  The girls had just gotten up from their "naps," and I foolishly asked for their help.  I thought they might be able to help the babies smile for pictures.

Silly Carol.  Why would I ever think that?  The girls, inexplicably, wanted to be in pictures and wanted to hold babies and wanted to whine/cry/demand randomness.  I was quite aggravated by the time this whole fiasco was over.  I just want to keep it real, cause the pictures are pretty cute, but the reality was a little less cute.  It was, instead, reality.  And, I just can't get two four month olds to smile at the same time.  Not yet.  I know that day will come and this wasn't it.  In fact, I couldn't get William, who is normally quite smiley and had been smiley moments before we started taking pictures to smile at all.  I apparently missed the very small smile window he had opened.  Enough of me whining.

Happy 4 Months, William and Violet!  (I know you guys are happy about it on the inside.)

IMG_4810

Violet has turned into quite the social butterfly.  That might be an exaggeration, but she certainly loves to stare at faces with such an intensity that you wonder what is going on behind her big eyes.  She's taking it all in.  She has become quite smiley, which is such a wonderful blessing, especially after worrying that she might never smile.  She especially likes being sung to and will coo and gurgle in response to you as if you are having a conversation.

She's 12 lbs 5 ozs, which is in the 21% percentile for her age.  She is perfectly healthy, which continues to be a miracle, and I never want to forget what God has done in and through them.  What a gracious God.

IMG_4819
IMG_4871

William also loves to be around people.  He has a massive smile that literally takes up his whole, precious face, and he seems to have such a sweet disposition.  He is wiggly and a bit hard to wrangle already.  He still loves to have his feet covered and to kick off his blanket and cry about it.  Poor thing.  His cheeks are incredibly kissable, and he positively lights up when you kiss them.

He is 14 lbs, 2 ozs, which is the 34%.  He had grown so much in height that the doctor re-measured him to make sure they got it right.  Looks like he will be a tall one.  William sounds a bit snorty most of the time, but after checking things and asking a few questions, the doctor was not concerned, which is a blessing.

IMG_4864
IMG_4857

In the midst of all this, we did some pictures with all the kids.

IMG_4836
IMG_4849
(Lily's eyes are wet from all the tears that were shed in the making of these photos.)

And each girl got a picture with their twin of choice.  I am curious to see how these preferences will continue to play themselves out.  They both love both babies - adore them, in fact - but they have also each laid claim to one twin, from the very first time they met them.

IMG_4827
IMG_4852

Happy 53 months to Lily and 34 months to Bella!  I am so incredibly grateful for each of the precious children that God has entrusted into our care during this time.  I know that he put us all together for so many reasons, and I am so thankful.

Congrats on getting to 4 months, William and Violet.  We would pick this and you all over again!  You are so valued and loved and treasured.

IMG_4870

See the other months -
One Month : Two Months : Three Months

1 comments:

lindseylu said...

they are seriously so precious. And I love the keepin' it real picture of Violet spitting up. haha!