I have lived in Arkansas for 26 of my 32 years of life. My family lives in Kansas now, but I really only went to high school there and have spent most of my life in this great state. John has lived here 12 years now - his family lives in Colorado. So, while we do not have purebred Arkansas status, we do consider ourselves Arkansans.
We love to get out and do stuff. We are active. We like to travel and have unique experiences. Our Arkansas Bucket List is born out of all of those things. I am going to categorize it, and I would love to add to it if anyone has suggestions that we do not know about. I'm also writing to the side what we have done, linked to the blog post about it, if I wrote one.
GET OUTDOORS:
This is the Natural State, after all. Here's our list of great outdoor activities in our state.
Float the Buffalo River - done, April 2013
Mt. Magazine - highest elevation in AR - done, March 2012
Pinnacle Mountain - done, over and over again
Petit Jean Mountain - done, March 2011
Digging for Diamonds - done, August 2012
Get out on a Lake (Hot Springs is great for this) - done, lots - blog post in July 2012
Castle
Blanchard Springs
FESTIVAL/SPECIAL EVENT
Like most states, ours has its fair share of festival fun and special events that make you want to get rowdy and have a good time.
Bikes, Blues and BBQ - done, in college
Little Rock Air Show - done, September 2012
Razorback Games (Fayetteville and Little Rock) - done both, several times, October 2012, November 2011
Cheese Dip Festival - done, October 2012
Toad Suck Festival - done, back in 2007
Hope Watermelon Festival
SEASONAL FUN
Some things only happen once a year, and we want to be there.
Garvan Gardens for Christmas - done, every year - 2011, 2012
Lights on the Fayetteville Square - done, in college
Daffodils at Wye Mountain - done, every year - 2011, 2012, 2013
Driving the Pig Trail to enjoy the fall foliage - done in college
Garvan Gardens for Tulips - done, April 2013
CENTRAL ARKANSAS
Central Arkansas has the largest city and lots of fun at its disposal. If you are in the greater Little Rock area, you should check this stuff out.
Clinton Presidential Library - done, back in 2006
Central High School
River Market District - done, over and over
Big Damn Bridge - done, many Saturday mornings
Heifer Village
OTHER AWESOME ARKANSAS STUFF
This list should go on and on, and I will continue to add to it.
Crystal Bridges - really want to do this soon!
Okay - I really need other suggestions. Let me know of anything I should add! And, get out there to experience this great Natural State we live in!






1 comments:
Ok making me miss Arkansas!
Post a Comment