Friday, November 15, 2013

REGROUPING & REJOICING

I got home on Sunday night and hit the ground sprinting.  Now I am trying to catch my breath a bit, but my lungs are still heaving.  There have been a lot of things happening here.  Every single night of this week took us out of our house.  On the bright side, I haven't had to cook dinner at all.  On the downside, I feel scattered - like pieces of me have been flung to the wind.

Right now I find myself regrouping and rejoicing.  I am enjoying my people right where they are, which is such a blessing - here's what that looks like.

I loved enjoying the late night father/son laughter.  Also, this wasn't that late at night.  That makes it more enjoyable.  The babies are consistently sleeping through the night in their own beds in their own room.  And the angels loudly sang and rained down heavenly confetti.  William has become one of the sunniest kids ever - it probably helps that he no longer has an undetected ear infection.

So fun to have a son.  #latenightlaughter

Violet loves the bouncer.  It got quiet over there, and I realized she had drifted off in the few moments it took to warm her bottle.  Sweet girl.

Even baby bouncers need a break.

Sunglasses inside on little kids are always funny to me.

Untitled

Hurricane Bella made bed-fall.  Bless her heart.

This never happens.  Hurricane Bella is at rest.  #itsoundedfartooquiet

Last night was the Immerse AR Fundraising Banquet, and it was an amazing night.  I will write a longer post about it with videos included sometime this weekend.  That is one of the main reasons I feel like I am regrouping and rejoicing.  So much goes into planning a major event, and the aftermath feels like a storm came through my life.  I am almost uncertain of what I normally do when I am not thinking of that and making sure I am not missing details.  It's as if this mass of time and energy has opened up in front of me, and I am overwhelmed with the possibilities.

Then I remember that there are 4 little people living here, and they require a lot of time and attention and laundry doing.  I'm behind on all those normal things, so before I can get to anything fun, I probably need to address the "Action Needed" folder on John's desk that hasn't seen the light of day in weeks, among other things.  I just need to regroup up in here.

But, I am rejoicing these days.  It is a conscious choice, because there are heavy things all around me that press in and try to smother.  There's miscarriage, there are poor choices, there's true hardship.  And those things are all real and all should grieve me.  But - after last night, I was again reminded that there is redemption.  We have a Redeemer in Jesus who came here just to save us.  Just to give us a way back.  As we head into the Christmas season, I feel more in awe than ever before of the gift that Jesus is.  The majesty of a story filled with such humility and grace that is offered so freely to all.  Thank you, Jesus.  Let it be on earth as it is in heaven.  I rejoice that someday, it will be.

0 comments: