Thursday, November 21, 2013

IMMERSE AR BANQUET

Taste and see that the Lord is good.  Blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

I love this verse.  Though hard things are always happening, God is good, and we can take refuge in him.  I have tasted the goodness, and I know it to be true.  In the past year and a half, I have tasted a lot of God's goodness by being involved with Immerse AR, and that was certainly the case last Thursday night as we had our second annual fundraising banquet.

I wrote about my amazement during last year's banquet, and this year I was, again, blown away by all the God did that evening.  His redemptive stories rang so beautifully through the room, and the call to do more and be more to those that the world has forgotten was tangible.

Because of the magic of the internet that connect us all, I get to share some of it with you!  Though you won't get to taste the Arkansas Black Apple Pie that rounded out our meal, you can see the videos to get a good feel of the night.

The first two videos have made me cry every time I've seen them.  I'm so thankful to Nolan Dean Films who did a great job shooting and producing these videos.

Want to celebrate what God has done in Immerse in the past year and the lives of these youth?  Watch this video.



In the next video - you can hear Lee's story.  After experiencing severe neglect and abuse, Lee entered foster care at age 7.  He was adopted when he was 12.  At age 15, his adoptive family "disrupted" the adoption and placed Lee back in foster care.  Lee bounced from foster home to facility to group home until age 18.  At 18, Lee entered Immerse.  Hear how God has changed him.  I met Lee for the first time about a week after he met the Lord, and he truly is alive with Christ inside of him.  Amazing.



The last video gives more insight into exactly what Immerse AR does.  



Truly, the night was great, but only because our God is so great.  The funds are still coming in, which is amazing and such a blessing.  I'm so thankful to be able to play a small role in this organization and to work on behalf of these youth who need us to be the hands and feet of Christ.

0 comments: