Tuesday, May 10, 2016

THE IN-BETWEEN STUFF

Life comes at us quickly, and sometimes I feel like things fall between the cracks.  Here are a few of those things.  In random order.

We went to Disney's Frozen on Ice last Sunday, and the kiddos all loved it!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

The twins performed with kiddos at my Bible study over a month ago.  I cannot even explain how big my heart grew while watching them sing and do the motions.  John and I were so very proud of them!  Their teachers wisely realized that Violet especially might need a handler, so the woman behind them made sure they never ran off the stage, but she didn't even seem to be that necessary.  It is so encouraging to see them doing such normal things for 3 year olds and doing them so well - what a privilege to watch up close!

IMG_5409

While we were in NYC, some dear friends of ours stayed at our house our kids.  They have a two month old foster son, and everything actually went pretty well while we were gone!  I'm so grateful, and my children had such a wonderful time and LOVED having a baby around.

IMG_7666
IMG_7608
IMG_7483

I took all four kids to the the plant nursery so I could get some flowers for our front porch.  Amazingly, it went pretty well.  And the flowers are still alive, five days later - double bonus!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I did miss being in Kansas this weekend with the rest of my family, but this picture went a ways towards cheering me up about it.  My sweet nephew with my new sweet niece.  😂

Untitled

Hands down, the parent tunnel is William's favorite part of the soccer Saturdays.

Untitled

Lily has had field trips 2 out of her last 3 school days.  #winning #endofschoolisnear  I went on the Friday field trip, and a parent sent this picture from the field trip today.  Grass sledding really is where its at for a bunch of first graders!  (side note - she looks like such a grown up child all of the sudden - where did my baby go?)

Untitled

Summer is looming, and as I look at my relatively uncluttered week, I realize that there will be a breath to be taken in the coming weeks.  And though having less structure usually hasn't been my favorite, I'm trying to make the right amount of plans for our summer to enjoy one another and also not go crazy.  Here's hoping!

0 comments: