Sunday, May 08, 2016

MOTHER'S DAY 2016

Last year I wrote about all the conflictions that Mother's Day brings for me, and after having seen our birth mother in recent weeks, those feelings were all still quite strong today.  It's not possible for me to feel 100% happy on a day that I know brings a lot of sadness for many people.  But, I can be grateful for what my Mother's Day looks like right now - I'm in the middle of the sweetness.

Upon Lily and Bella's prodding, John took them to get me breakfast, cards and a giant balloon all before I got out of bed.  Though we were late to church, we made it to worship with our church family.  I got this pic with the ladies while William wandered around looking lost.

Untitled

The preciousness and charm of the notes and gifts from my children is truly a blessing.

Untitled
Untitled
(Bella explained to me that the heart clouds and the "L" clouds were her special touch.)
Untitled
(These pictures of the twins were attached to flowers that I have already re-planted.  I love that they both look so contemplative. 😂😂😂)
Untitled
(This is a "love swan" constructed by Lily made of hearts.)

John gave me the gift of signing up for this penmanship course online, which I'm really looking forward to getting started on.  All in all, my day has been filled with gifts - the gift of time with my children whom I adore and my wonderful husband, the gift of face timing my own amazing mother, and the gift of being able to truly appreciate how special these things are.  I'm so grateful for this day, and the things I will always cherish from it.

Untitled
Untitled

I hope your Mother's Day has held its own joy for you in the ways that you needed.

0 comments: