Sunday, December 18, 2016

19 ON 12: A DAY IN THE CHRISTMAS/COOKIE LIFE

This day is actually last Monday, but the week has unfolded in such a way that I am just writing the post now.  Some weeks are like that, and it certainly feels like every week this December has been like that so far. 😝

7:10ish am: I woke up the twins from the floor where they always sleep.  #whoneedsacutebed #oranybedatall

Untitled

7:40ish am:  I was running late getting everyone to school, because quite frankly, getting out of bed is hard and getting out the door is harder.  And the every-day-ness of it wears me down, and I care less than ever about it all happening on time.  I'm sure I'll turn over a new leaf in January when I am newly invigorated about all the prosaic things in life, but at just this moment, we are crawling towards the finish line of Christmas break.

Untitled

8:03ish am:  In the end, we were only 3 minutes late to drop off the twins, which isn't too bad, all things considered.

Untitled

9ish am:  I finished up my work out class! 💪👊🙌 I've optimistically worn work-out clothes and good-intentions on many days lately that did not include me actually working out, so making it to class felt really good!

Untitled

10ish am:  Finished showering and getting ready for the day while re-listening to Ready Player One.  This book is such a fun read for me, and I enjoyed the escape - though it only took me 3 days to finish.  Mainly because I had a LOT of cookies to decorate.

Untitled

11ish am:  Doing the detail work on the Joy to the World hearts.  Gold Polka Dots Forever!

Untitled

12ish pm:  People asked me a lot if I did all the cookies by myself, and for the last two weeks, I did have a helper on several days - my friend Hannah.  She was a God-send and flooded pans and pans of cookies for me and maybe for you!  Thanks so much, Hannah!!!

Untitled

12:30ish pm:  I had good intentions of making jar salads for the week, but since I was overrun with cookies, I never managed it.  Instead, I had this for lunch many days in a row - sweet potatoes sliced and microwaved for 2 minutes served with sliced avocado, lemon juice and salt.  So tasty.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine myself being the kind of person who makes lunch out of a sweet potato and avocado, but it is so good!

Untitled

1:30ish pm:  Hannah's son, Titus, hung out with us most of the time - isn't he the cutest? 😍😍😍

Untitled

2:20ish pm:  I was in the school pick-up line, because the girls have dance at 3:30 and being there on time requires me to pick them up from school on Mondays, which means getting in line super early.  Usually I write a blog post from the line, because I am just sitting there, chilling.

Untitled

3:10ish pm:  The girls and I headed in to pick up the twins while the girls carried their snacks along with them, because no one wants to do anything hungry ever.

Untitled

4ish pm:  Bella and Violet's dance classes were actually combined this day, and though you can't see Violet in this pic, because she had wandered off, she had a great time with Bella there to help her.

Untitled

4:45ish pm:  Celebrating the fact that Violet stayed in her class the whole time!  As she is quick to announce, "Good job, Violet!"

Untitled

5ish pm:  Checked the mail, because December is the only month of the year when I make that my job.  I LOVE Christmas cards!

Untitled

6ish pm:  John and Lily arrived home from her dance class, and they had run some errands and also picked me up some flowers!

Untitled

6:45ish pm:  Mondays are always a bath night at our house.

Untitled

7:30ish pm:  We were finishing up bedtime and brought the advent calendar in the twins' room where we usually pray together.  Our kiddos love this calendar, though everyday brings fresh drama over whose turn it is to open the little door.

Untitled

8:30ish pm:  John so very graciously assembled cookie boxes for me while watching football.

Untitled

9:30ish pm:  Rounded out my night with even more cookies.  I use a cookie projector to get details like the globe and special writing just right.

Untitled

That is how last Monday went down, and we are now officially on Christmas Break - at least with the big girls.  And I'm done with cookie orders, so now I just need to work on all that other stuff that Christmas entails!

0 comments: