Friday, December 02, 2016

BEHIND THE COOKIE SCENES

I've had a little tunnel vision with cookies for the last week.  I had known about the possibility of a pop-up shop for several weeks, but we only got the real all clear for it about two weeks before last night.  And one of those weeks was Thanksgiving, so it's been a little a lot intense on the cookie front for the last five days.

But - the Pop-Up Shop last night was a huge success!

Untitled

When Mandy (from Milk and Honey Tees) asked if I wanted to do it with her, I wasn't sure I would be able to pull it off.  It's a lot of work, and it's also fairly nerve-wracking.  What if no one comes?  What if everyone comes, and I don't have enough cookies?  What if I break all the cookies on the way there?  What if no one likes the cookies?

Putting yourself out there is hard.  It was a good reminder to me that anytime I see anyone online who is selling something handmade or creating content or running any kind of business themselves - there is a huge backstory behind that, and it includes lot of hard work and a lot of wondering whether or not what you are doing is worth anything or will be well-received.  It's intimidating, and all week, I was so thankful for the positive feedback in the midst of trying something new.

Thursday night, I sold two different sets, as well as individual cookies. I felt like I was throwing a big cookie party.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Working with Mandy and Audrey (of Ridgewood Shop - you need to check out her amazing, hand-lettered signs.  She's SO good!  And does custom work!  And ships!) was such a privilege.  They were so gracious with me as I was figuring out how to take credit cards and add a business Instagram account, among other things.  Plus, we had a total blast together!

Untitled

I need to give a MASSIVE shout-out to my hubby who so very graciously rallied behind me every step of the way with this venture.  We have a *few* other things going on in life, and he threw all of his support and love behind what I did this week.  I'm so thankful.  Last night, he helped me set-up and tear down, helped restock cookies, brought me water and became the hero of the night when he brought sushi back to all of us.

Untitled
Untitled

Thanks so much to all of those who came to support us last night or wrote messages of support.  It means the absolute world to me!  I feel like God has given me this unusual gift, and it's so fun to use it.

Now, I have to address my kitchen, which currently looks like this.

Untitled

And the laundry and a bunch of other stuff that I neglected all week while focusing on cookies.  On the bright side, I listened to two whole audio books and discovered tray lunches for the girls, so those were both wins!

If you are reading this and hoping for cookies this month, I am planning to regroup and do one more cookie offering in the coming week that will include limited shipping as well.  I will be posting about it mainly on the Willflowers Bake Shoppe Instagram account - check it out if you are interested!

0 comments: