The end of our summer has shown me that it was time for school to start. 🤣 Summer has mostly been great, but it's time for more routine and a little bit of separation. It really can make the heart grow fonder. 😜 Please know that I love and cherish my darling children. But, for now in life, school is what God has for our family, and I'm thankful for the opportunities that it provides each of us. Last year I was a crying mess, but this year feels like finding our feet on solid ground and knowing this is what's best for this time. There are many years ahead where I will bawl my eyes out over some giant family landmark, but this is not that year. 🙌🏻 Instead, I feel more like taking a nap. 😴

This morning was eerily smooth. No one cried or screamed, and I can tell you from first-hand, recent experience that this is not currently the norm with our crew. Our photo session was relatively painless and required very few Smarties to complete.
We met the teachers on Friday night and Sunday afternoon. I'm hoping and praying that they learn and grow and have fantastic years together!
This morning, everyone walked into their classes, ready to start the new year.

I did make Back to School cookies, though I didn't sell them. I try to start off on the right foot at the beginning of the year, since there are many ways that I will fail as the year goes on.

It is crazy to realize how quickly time passes. I am so thankful for the times we've had together this summer. Every year brings different challenges and joys, and it will be interesting to see what emerges as we press on. I'm praying that God gives us strength and grace and kindness as we go through our days and looking forward to seeing what this school year will bring!
{FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2016}
{FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2015} {& HERE}
{FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2014} {& HERE}
{FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2013}
{FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2012}














0 comments:
Post a Comment