Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Recipe for Poppyseed Bread: So Good I Can't Stop Eating It

      Well, John and I successfully ate up this poppyseed bread quite quickly.  It is that yummy.  It calls to you from the other room, beckoning you, wanting to be eaten.  I decided not to resist.  And I wanted to give you that opportunity as well.  Here's the recipe for Poppyseed Bread, which I got from my wonderful mother.

IMG_7164

Here's what you need.

IMG_7139

3 Cups flour
2 2/3 Cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 Cup milk
1 1/3 Cup oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp butter extract
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 Tbsp poppyseeds

Preheat oven to 350°.  Throw all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.

IMG_7141

And mix it up.

IMG_7143

For this round, I actually greased a bundt pan, but you can muffinize (not an actual word, but I thought it should be) this recipe or make it into little loaves.  So many uses for the amazing poppyseed bread.

IMG_7144

Pour the batter into your greased pan.

IMG_7145

Bake for 1 hour at 350°.  Check the bread, because depending on whether you are making muffins or loaves or a cake of sorts, the baking time will change.  Make sure a knife comes out clean.

And here is the icing on the cake.  Literally - here's what you need.

IMG_7161

1/2 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 tsp vanilla (I know you are all jealous of my giant bottle of vanilla.  Send your husband to Mexico, that is where you can pick one up.)
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp butter extract

Mix it up and pour over your hot bread.  Deliciousness.  ♥.
I usually make this bread around the holidays to give to neighbors, and then sometimes I want it in April.  Enjoy!

IMG_7165

0 comments: