Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weekend: He Has Risen Indeed!

      Well, Easter weekend is coming to a close.  And what a glorious holiday it is - to celebrate the reason that we live - that Jesus has risen.  What a blessing.  Happy Easter from the Spensts!

IMG_7281

This year, I decided to try dying eggs with Lily for the first time.  This was a wild success - I think she may be getting some of my craftiness, because she has amazing ability to sit and spend focused time on stuff like this.  Oh the fun we have ahead of us!

Picnik collage
Picnik collage
You must taste test the outside of eggs to make sure they are ready for the dye-bath.
IMG_7236
IMG_7251
Sneaky Bella trying to get in on the action.
Picnik collage
IMG_7249
Picnik collage
IMG_7257
Seriously, it was one of those moments as a mother that I looked back and thought, "Wow, that went better than even my wildest dreams could have conjured up.  Thanks, Lily and Bella."  And we know how rare those are.

      We have had a great weekend as a family with no horrendous power outage at the restaurant hanging over us and just getting to enjoy being together.  Though it is hard on weekends like this to not live near to any family.  We went to Easter service last night, and then taught Sunday School (i.e. crowd control) this morning.  The girls were dressed, and when I tried to get a cute picture of them both looking at the camera, this is what I ended up with.

Picnik collage

Once we got home (after Lily melted down at Easter brunch at a restaurant - being two is so very difficult), it was time to put more stickers onto the Easter eggs, and Bella continued to soak in her first Easter ever.

Picnik collage
Picnik collage

And after nap time, it was egg-hunting time.  I hid the eggs.  I did about 60 eggs - I have a tendency to go overboard, and I did resist the urge to open the other bag that I had bought.  Lily loved it.  This was another one of those moments that went exactly as I imagined it could have.  So fun.

Picnik collage

Bella looked on from the stroller and got subsequently covered in the stickers that filled most of the eggs.

IMG_7331

Lord willing, I am looking forward to many more Easters with these precious girlies.

IMG_7348

We also spent a lot of time this weekend working on a tower/slide for our bottom deck.  And by "we",  I mean mostly John - though I should get the assist.  I will share pictures soon - it is so fun!  I hope you all had a blessed Easter.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

I love their dresses! So precious!

Wells & Co. said...

What a good lookin bunch! Your girls are so precious! Miss you guys! Glad to see you all are doing so well =)Love, Jodie Wells

Erin said...

These are such gorgeous pictures. It looks like a wonderful day! I love seeing these glimpses into your life.