Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pizza: I Could Eat This Stuff for Lunch

      But, I didn't eat it for lunch, because there was none left.  Not even a crumb.  And, I found out later, that John didn't even get one piece.  I felt bad for eating two when I heard that - sorry, John.  It was good.  Years ago, my family went to Branson every summer to go to camp, and we would always go eat at this pizza buffet with the World's Largest Banjo inside of it, just like every American family is looking to do.  I have made John take me back many times (you can read about it here), and the last time we were there, I figured out what the secret behind their delicious chocolate chip pizza was.  And, last night, I recreated it.

photo

Here's what you need.

IMG_9983

Tube of Pizza Crust (you could also make your own, but I wanted this to be quick and easy)
White Cake Mix
Chocolate Chips

That's it!  That is all you need!  Grease your pan.

IMG_9983

Shape/roll out your dough to fit your pan.

IMG_9985

Mix up the cake mix according to the instructions.

IMG_9988

This is where I will do something differently in the future than I did last night.  Bake your crust at 425° for 5-7 minutes.  I found that mine was not as done as I would have liked it to be without this step.  After you have pre-baked your crust a bit, pour cake mix into the crust, knowing that it will puff up a bit, as cake does.  Spread it around, so that it reaches the edges.

IMG_9989
IMG_9990

Sprinkle chocolate chips all over it.  So simple!

IMG_9991

Bake at 400° for 10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.  Enjoy.  By the time I got around to take a picture of the pizza, this is all that was left of it.

photo

So glad I have this secret, because I sure do ♥ this stuff.

5 comments:

The Lowery Family said...

sounds yummy and easy! too bad I don't have a cake mix at home, or I would be trying it tonight!

Mighty McClure Fam said...

This look delish:) Soo trying it!!!

Valerie B. said...

I just made this on Monday and I loved it!!! I could not stop eating it. Thank goodness it is finally gone because I have no self control around it! :) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

A Jiffy Golden Yellow cake mix makes it even better! I have tried all others...trust me!!!!!

Ashley A. said...

i just took mine out of the oven! it doesnt look very pretty but im sure it will taste amazing! thank you for sharing this!! its awesome!!