Thursday, September 01, 2011

Driveway Moments

      Well, today we are actually headed to Joplin, MO for the Grand Re-Opening of the Chick-fil-A there that was destroyed by the tornado in May.  I am so thrilled to see it rebuilt and to celebrate with the Starkweathers!  It is only the 2nd or 3rd business to reopen in the part of the city that was decimated, so it should be a lot of fun and excitement.
      But, today, I will show you pictures of our little evening outside a couple of nights ago.  The weather is getting slightly less face-meltingly hot, so it is somewhat pleasant to be outdoors after 7:00 p.m.  I had told Lily that we could go outside and write with chalk on the drive way, and it had been too hot earlier, so we headed out after John was home after dinner.

IMG_9682
IMG_9656

Bella enjoyed trying to eat rocks and reclining in John's lap.  Crawling on concrete was not her favorite.  Getting a picture with a smiling Lily is such a rarity - I love this one.  I will just have to remind future Carol that rompers were really comfortable to wear when I look back at this someday and wonder "why."

IMG_9664
Picnik collage

And Lily loved writing all over anything.  You can see on the photo to the left, that her little bottom quickly became rainbow-tastic and that she sticks out her tongue when she writes just like I do.  So funny to see yourself mirrored in a miniature version.  I also enjoyed showing how good I am at coloring with chalk, something every mom should prove to their children.

IMG_9661
IMG_9666

Often, when we are outside, Lily will sneak over to our neighbor's yard to sit on their bench.  By herself.  It is sort of cute, so we let her.

IMG_9667
IMG_9671

She is getting so big.  She can say, "Uh-Oh" now, which just about does me in every time she says it.  ♥

IMG_9674

So much love.





5 comments:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I love the bench picture...so sweet!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Cute pics! We love chick-fil-a, yum!

Kristin Murdock said...

Lily on the bench!! What a sweet girl she is. Side note: still jealous of your cute rompers. I've tried several...I will leave it at that.

Angel said...

Great photos! Yay for sidewalk chalk!

Anonymous said...

what sweet pictures! What wonderful memories to get to be there for the opening of the CFA.