Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Weekend: Labor Day in Nashville

      We spent this past weekend in Nashvegas - home of lots of cool things, but most relevant to this weekend, home of Becka and Jessee, John's sister and bro-in-law.  She is close to having baby Shane, and Lily and Bella are very much looking forward to meeting their first ever cousin!  We spent the weekend lounging and eating out - by and large a relaxing way to spend it.

IMG_9806

There was book reading and breaking in cousin's new toys.

Picnik collage
IMG_9773

There was bubble blowing - enjoying the cooling temperatures.

IMG_9779
Picnik collage
IMG_9783

And, what weekend would be complete without rock collecting.  Seems to be a favorite pastime of ours.

IMG_9795
Picnik collage

All of that rock collecting makes a girl quite tired.

IMG_9805

The restaurants we ate at were delicious - I would have taken more pictures and chronicled them better but for a certain 2.5 yr old that was convinced our time should be spent listening to her cry and tell us "no" to anything we suggested.  You never know when these moments will strike, and apparently, instead of letting me enjoy the best ice-cream I have ever had, Lily needed to cry, whine and moan.  Quite unfortunate, because I may always feel like that Goat Cheese Cherry and Brambleberry cone will be the one that didn't get savored nearly as well as it should have.  Both flavors were so delicious.  Ice cream perfection.
      Thanks, Becs and Jessee for hosting a great weekend full of great food and company!  Now, back to life, though thankfully with much cooler weather.  What a difference it makes - though it did hit me that I need to find slightly warmer clothes for the girls.  I spent the morning sorting closets - such fun, and still a long way to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We lived in nashville for two years and miss it so much! Nashville is such a fun city with so much and some great food! Monells and Demos are always our tip picks in foods in Nashville.

Kristin Murdock said...

I want to know where you ate!!! Also: the tutus kill me. Cutest thing ever. Love those girlies. And you!

Christina said...

Ahhhh you were in Nashville! hope you had a great time!!