Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cranberry Punch: So Easy and Tasty for the Season

      We have been in party mode for the past week.  Including one more to go tonight.  Lily keeps asking when the next party is.  And, as it turns out, she is becoming a little hostess.  She made sure all the kiddos had balls this morning to play in the yard.  It was so cute.  So, here's a little party tidbit that I used twice this weekend.  Cranberry Punch.
      I love punch, and I thought it would be pretty simple to make up a little Cranberry punch recipe.  Here's what you need.

IMG_1123

The Cranberry Splash Sierra Mist
White Cran-Strawberry Juice
Vanilla Ice Cream
Fresh Cranberries

Put in your ice cream.  The more you put in, the frothier it will be.  I like frothy punch, so I put in about 12 scoops.

IMG_1127

Then, pour in the entire bottle of juice and the bottle of Sierra Mist.  Throw some cranberries on the top, and viola, you have Cranberry Punch.  I didn't use the juice for the Friday night party, and it definitely needed some more flavor.  The juice gives it the extra sweetness it needed.

IMG_1128

And, there you have it!

1 comments:

Gerri Danules said...

Awesome! This punch is exactly what I was looking for, and very easy. Interesting site you have here...I could read on and on. I really liked your blog about scaling down to only 4 Christmas gifts. I have to remind my daughter that Christmas is not her birthday. We really need to carve out time this holiday season to be thankful for what we have, spend more quality time with family and friends, and to be helpful to those who need it. Thanks so much, and Merry Christmas!!!