Monday, December 19, 2011

Gingerbread Houses of the Past and Winners!

      Well, this December is flying by.  This past weekend the guys from our community group went on a camping "Mancation" as they call it.  In the cold.  I will never understand.  They had a great time, however, and us girls got together with the kiddos several times so the weekend flew right past.  John was home by lunch time on Sunday, so we still had most of that day to chill, which was nice.
      Every year for a long time now, I have made elaborate gingerbread houses in December.  This year, I think I will scale it down and involve my children - we have plans for it later this week.  However, it will definitely not be as pretty to look at as in the past.  So, I thought I would share my past gingerbread houses, since it is the week before Christmas, and they are super festive.
      Last year's was probably one of the more bizarre ones yet.  I called it, "Santa's Little Psychedelic Love Shack," which I realize is weird, but I really wanted to do hearts + Christmas and this is what I ended up with.  It felt pretty psychedelic, because the light inside alternated between strange bluish lights.

IMG_5132
IMG_5131


In 2010, I did the home of the Sugar Plum Fairies.  I baked gingerbread onto hangers to make the tree branches - it was fun.

The gingerbread treehome of the Sugar Plum Fairies.

In 2009, it was a much more traditional.

IMG_3224

This year, I am thinking we may do the Little Town of Bethlehem.  Though, since I have been to Bethlehem, I know that it will look nothing like the actual place, especially with Lily's involvement.  Sometimes I feel that I missed my calling as a Food Artist.  I really love doing these.  I showed off my haunted gingerbread house back in October.  Fun, fun.

And - I used Random.Org to pick winners for the Chick-fil-A Gift Card Giveaway and have contacted the winners - Lisa Sharp and Ty Henry, Congrats!  And, thanks for helping support a great cause.  After checking the charity's site today, an entire well has been funded, and it is going well over that, which is so exciting.  Yea, Project 320!

1 comments:

Jen Clark said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with this year with LIly's help :-) I found this free e-book today and it made me think of you- 23 Gingerbread house designs.

http://www.favecrafts.com/master_images/23-Gingerbread-House-Designs-and-Recipes.pdf