Monday, July 09, 2012

WAITING PICTURES

We are waiting and hoping for brothers from Ethiopia to join our family.

IMG_4734

Ellen and baby True came this weekend, which was a delight.  Since her hubby, our usual photographer, could not come, I roped Ellen into snapping a few shots of us.  The day was long and hot, and I knew that none of my family had much picture taking in them, so this photo-shoot lasted less than 10 minutes, with a promised frozen yogurt run the minute we finished.

I just wanted a "we-are-waiting-for-children" picture.  I wasn't sure how these would turn out, especially with two little wild cards and a wee-bit tired husband.  However, I am pleased with the results - thanks, Ellen!

IMG_4708
IMG_4729
IMG_4718

Two funny girls who are both pretty difficult to photograph any day, any time.  Waiting for brothers with brown skin.  Who we will pick up through the drive-thru.  Not really, but that seems to be what Lily thinks.  One day when she and I were talking about getting our brothers, she said, "And we will pick them up in the drive-thru?"  Oh, how I laughed.  I must talk about "picking __ up" in the drive-thru a bit too often.  If only adoption were that easy.

IMG_4702

Shout out to the hubs who is blinded by love.  I thanked him for being willing to go out into a field in our neighborhood with me when it was hot and try to wrangle our children into cutesy pictures all for me.  He said he counted it as one of the "hidden costs" of adoption.  I'm grateful he was willing to pay that price.

IMG_4706

And our lovely photog and baby True.  Thanks to you.  From the bottom of our pillow-hearts.

IMG_4731

Rounding out this little session included this gem of a picture.  She is showing off her mustache and unibrow.

IMG_4732

Happy Monday!

0 comments: