I made a sort of bunting to go above the little girls' kitchen. John said it looked "Urban Chic" mixed with "Mt. Everest Base Camp." Just what I was going for.

I used some antique hankies, and then I cut up some dish towels that I think I got for a wedding present with darling little embroidery on them. If you gave me those - I love them! This is a better use for them than actually using them as dish towels in my house. I sewed them all together in a straight line and pinned them to the wall above the kitchen.

I also made the picture frame above the sink into a pseudo-window and made little scalloped curtains to go over it. I used this tutorial to sew the curtains, and it was actually pretty easy to do - probably because it was such a small project. And, I cheated and used Elmer's Glue on the back side instead of taking the time to do a blind hem. Whatever that is.

All in all, it's been fun to be a bit crafty again. It is a great outlet for me. If you want to see the rest of the room, you can click here. And, here's a preview for the other playroom project in the works. The dollhouse!

Doing things in miniature is such fun.





1 comments:
Hi Carol,
It was great to run into to you this week! I actually found your blog awhile ago and it's exciting to read that your family is looking to adopt. Britton and I are praying about adopting right now. Do you mind me asking what adoption agency you have decided to use? I have done quite a bit of research, and found several I like. I am just curious to hear someone else's thoughts. Thanks!
Laura
Post a Comment