Tuesday, August 27, 2013

FIRST DAY BACK TO "SCHOOL"

Even though I am not exactly looking forward to Lily going off to Kindergarten next year, I do appreciate and enjoy the mornings that we all spend away from one another.  And this week, we are back at it.  I got to drop off all four of my precious ones this morning.  Rachel (my sis-in-law) came with me to help me carry in all of the swag that the first day entailed, which made it much easier.

The girls were excited to go to their new classes, and it was fun to see them both walk right in, ready to go.  They loved "helping" me shop for supplies yesterday and seemed quite ready for the fun and promise that a new year and fresh start holds.

IMG_4912
IMG_4910

I was not together enough to have a cute little sign for them to hold, but I can certainly tag text on in a picture later!  Thanks, internet.  They had a great morning and talked about the fun of the new classes, though Bella was quite put off by the fire drill that happened this morning, which I heard about no less than 10 times during lunch and on the way home.

This week, the twins have actually been sleeping through the night (praise King Jesus), and so we were all a bit more rested when it was time to go this morning.  I decided not to go to great lengths to get "cute, smiley" pictures and settled for them sitting in the bumbo.  This really does capture right where we are at, including the helping hand visible in William's picture.  I am sure they will be so very different at the end of the year - it is amazing how much change and growth the first year of life brings.

IMG_4916
IMG_4919

The teacher that has the twins also had Lily and Bella and decided to stay on this year partially so she could also have the twins, which is such a blessing.  She loves my children well, and I am so thankful for the all of the staff at our mother's day out program.  We've been going there since Lily was a baby and always have been so pleased.

I had a relaxing morning that involved no screaming, crying or fussing.  I went grocery shopping and got no comments or strange, sympathetic looks, and I never once heard the phrase, "You've got your hands full."  But, I was ready to pick them up when the time came.  I love the way the girls run up to me with big hugs and full of chatter about their new day.  Bring it on, fall.  We are ready for you!

(Last year's first day - 2012-2013)

1 comments:

Kelcie Huffstickler said...

Isn't picking up your kids the best?! I love having a little break too but the hugs I get when picking them up from Mother's Day Out is probably the highlight of my week :)