Friday, January 23, 2015

15 ON 22: A DAY IN THE {SICK} LIFE

Something that has come crashing home into my heart this week is how glad I am for our normal routine.  I was not made to spend every moment with my precious children.  I adore them, but the space that we end up getting most mornings is good for all of us.  That said, I decided to document a day the twins and I spent completely together - yesterday.

8:30ish: We returned home from dropping off big girls to school and Mother's Day Out.  They were pretty sweet through this outing.  It probably helped that I kept slipping them cereal bars.  William did flip out when he realized that he wasn't getting dropped off, and I wished he could understand how much I sympathized with that feeling.

Untitled

9:30ish:  I tackled random projects around the house - like gluing together broken piggy banks.  It is glued back together now.  It will never be the same, thanks to our "Bulla" in the china shop of life.

Untitled

10:15ish:  These two had been following me around looking for things to cry about.  The crying abated a bit with drinks, which I was very grateful for.  Sick toddler twins are just hard.  Fact.

Untitled

11:10ish:  I tried to squeeze in a very quick grocery store trip before picking up Bella.  As a general rule, I rarely shop with the babies in tow and this trip reminded me why.  I resorted to opening an unpurchased bag of Goldfish to feed to them so we could make it through without anymore meltdowns.

Untitled

12:00ish:  We ran through the CFA drive-thru for lunch, because the thought of "making" lunch at home seemed so overwhelming.  And it's a free lunch - so there's that.

Untitled

12:30ish:  Bella likes to mix up her meal options for CFA with one of her current favorites being a side salad.  She gives me the tomatoes, but other than that - she eats it up!

Untitled

1:00ish:  I do love cuddling this girl while we read before her "nap" time.  Only recently did I dispense with the ruse of "tucking her in," because we both know that she does no sleeping.

Untitled

2:00ish:  Here's a look at my Winter 2015 Uniform.  If I've got just about nothing going on (this entire week), this is my go to outfit.  A cozy tunic from Gap Body, black leggings and Uggs.  It is SO COMFORTABLE.  And cozy.  And did I mention comfortable?  The only draw back is that there is no pocket for me to carry my phone around in and listen to audiobooks.  I have actually considered sewing one in.

Untitled

3:15ish:  Biggest girl came home from school and immediately wanted a snack.  She has come home starving this week from boycotting her sandwiches, because they have Sunbutter instead of Wowbutter.  Kindergarten is so hard.

Untitled

4:00ish:  Lily's homework was to "produce" something, and we chose to do cookies, because everything was already out.  The girls had a lot of fun.  There were sprinkles everywhere, and Violet kept trying and succeeding at eating them.  

Untitled

5:00ish:  I worked on getting Taco Night ready to go.  I do love how colorful it was.

Untitled

6:00ish:  We had a friend over for dinner, and he definitely got some good cuddles from V.

Untitled

6:45ish:  Even when picking up dinner, this is what William looked like.  He and V spent much of the day tugging on my shirt and whining.

Untitled

8:30ish:  Kiddos all in bed, and it was time to work on cookies.

Untitled

10:00ish:  By this time, the cookies were all finished, and we were wrapping up our night of working and jamming to Pandora.

Untitled

I have enjoyed some of the slow pace of this week and been thankful for the extra cuddles, but I am so thankful that we normally have more going on.  We definitely need it - especially me.  Wednesday morning, I got an amazing text from a friend asking if she could come and help in anyway.  I immediately said YES, and she met me at my house.  She folded laundry and did anything else that she could to help all morning long.  It was such a neat gift from the Lord, and I am so thankful that she took the time and initiative to help us out.  I needed it!  I'm hoping this weekend brings some relief and healing!

1 comments:

Lindsey @ A Dollop of My Life said...

(a) the whiny toddler pulling at your shirt. I FEEL YOUR PAIN. It is the worst thing about this phase ever.
(b) I need that tunic, STAT.
(c) I want one of my friends to call and ask to fold my laundry. +1 to you for having exceptional friends. (not that my friends aren't exceptional... but no one has ever called to do my laundry. YET.)