Monday, January 26, 2015

WEEKEND FUN

Ya'll - we are back in the land of the living.  This winter has been rough for sickness, and I am so thankful to be back in the swing of things today.  I know we aren't through it all yet, but it feels good to drop the babies off for therapy, go workout and go grocery shopping with just one child.  These are all such good things.

This weekend we took advantage of the beautiful weather and healthy bodies to enjoy a late afternoon trip to the zoo.  I love when January gives us these unexpected gifts.  Lily kept saying, "How can we go to the Zoo in the winter?"  And I just kept explaining that sometimes we get a brief reprieve from the cold and can enjoy time outdoors.

We spent a long time visiting the penguins and even got to watch them being fed.  This was our first trip to the zoo where the babies could actually identify that we were seeing animals, and they loved it.  They really are getting so much more fun all the time.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Many of the animals were out enjoying the sun, just like I would do if I lived at the zoo.  I would lounge in the sun and roll around and wait to be fed.  Sounds pretty great, to be honest.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(I have no idea how children fall into zoo exhibits.  I think parents should just pay much closer attention.  Have I mentioned lately that we are awesome parents?  It took me a minute to even realize Bella was climbing.)

We rounded out our visit by enjoying the playground, much to everyone's delight.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I love family time.  Really, I do.  I'm so thankful for these moments, and I do not take them for granted - especially after the last several weeks of illness.

Untitled

This Monday is certainly a beautiful one where we live.  I'm hoping to soak up some sunshine while we can.

0 comments: