Thursday, July 23, 2015

LATELY IN A SMALL SHOW OF BULLET POINTS

Here's lately.
  • We went to our neighborhood pool for the first time this weekend and had a lovely time.  Really and truly.
Untitled
(What am I doing with my hand?  Mysteries always seem to find me.)
Untitled
(This is Lily's "I'm trying to humor you by pretending to smile while you take a picture" face.)
Untitled
(Aunt Rachel joined us!)
Untitled
Untitled
(I posted a slow-mo video of this on Instagram, and she really does fly!)
  • I got new glasses for the first time in about 15 years.  They do such a good job of correcting my astigmatism that I am now suffering from "constant contact disappointment syndrome."  It's totally a real thing, and I am not sure what to do about it.  
  • We met friends at Jump Zone yesterday, which the kiddos mostly loved.  
Untitled
(They will go to Kindergarten the same year.  #shestallishhessmallish  Also, she thinks it is cool to wear socks that don't match.  This explains a lot of laundry drama to me now that I fully understand it.  Also, I think she looks away on purpose, but she is smiling, so I'm not going to complain too much.)
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

  • We're battling ungratefulness and disrespect this summer, and with our added time together, I've gotten to see a lot of this.  
  • I've been doing a Book Club of Colossians this summer with some friends and new friends, and it has been so rich.  It also really helped when my morning started with some of the aforementioned attitudes from my children, and I heard the words from Colossians echoing in my mind - "clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." (Col 3:12b)  Having a stay in my spirit when I really just wanted to be irate was such a blessing, and the situation ended in soft words and cuddles, all thanks to God.
  • I had a rather impromptu dinner date with two friends - one of whom has just returned to town from being gone about a month.  We walked in with our twelve kiddos 6 and under.  I will never quit saying how glad I am to do life with friends, because I really am so thankful.

Untitled
  • Yesterday I totally forgot about my dentist appointment, even though I had planned for it.  Then, I completely forgot about the twins' afternoon therapy session - the one we have every Wednesday afternoon.  It was good confirmation that my decisions to back off from responsibilities in the next year have been well placed.  My brain is a tad over-loaded.
  • I cleaned out my closet again.  I think the last time I did it I did a terrible job, because truly, there was so much that needed to go.  I am not a hoarder, but I did feel a bit sentimental handing those things to the man of Good-Will, even though they are just things.  I see the patterns and fabrics and think of the memories.  Then I remind myself that I took pictures of almost every last memory, and I don't need memories hanging in my closet.  Or clothes that don't fit well.
Untitled

0 comments: