I am not really sure the point of this post, but I felt it was true to how I have felt this week. There are so many things that I would like to accomplish or finish - like cleaning out my closet which I completed about 2/3rds of yesterday and do not know where the motivation will come to just finish it. I need to work on costumes for the little girlies, since I realized that Halloween is practically almost here. I want to finish the other signs that I have started for my laundry room and finish the millions of things I want to put on the playroom walls. I want to do fun crafts with Lily and Bella and take them on adventure walks in the neighborhood, but all I feel like I can muster is a trip to Target to get out of the house.
It is one of those weeks, which I am realizing is okay. I need to have grace for myself and maybe fewer expectations of what I should accomplish. I should not be ashamed to take some down time, especially if I am still pouring into my children. I do not have to get all these made up things done. I don't. You may have guessed this about me by now, but I am an Achiever. I like to get things done, but some weeks, that may not happen and it is okay. It is okay to watch another Food Network Show with Halloween Cakes on it - especially if I have managed to clean up the kitchen. I do not have to always be doing something productive.
I want to find my worth in who God made me. Period. Not in the things that I get done in a day. I want to put my family above my random to do list. They matter more. I want us to model rest to our children, so they do not believe they always need to be doing something important. And this will all take intentionality. Just like all good things in life, it will not happen by accident. It will be on purpose.

Last night, we got to hang out with some friends and their little friends at Krispy Kreme for a little before-bed snack. I want to have more moments like this, where we are not so driven by things we think we need to get done that we can't see the beauty of enjoying the moment right in front of us. And of taking the time to rest.





1 comments:
Carol, I can so relate and feel your pain of having trouble slowing down and wanting to be okay with not being productive all the time. It is okay to not always have to be doing something productive. So I will pray for you about that and ask that you pray for me.
Post a Comment