Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend: Dance Party

      Well, this weekend has been nothing short of glorious.  And, we packed it so full of fall fun that I am breaking it up into two posts.  Saturday morning, while John did his long run (he's training for a marathon!), I took the girls to a "TuTu I'm Two" birthday party hosted by a friend in my Bloom group.  It was one of the cutest parties I have ever attended, and the girls had a great time.  Everyone was told to wear a tutu - fortunately, we have a ready supply of those at this house.  Here's the group shot when we all arrived.

IMG_0356

I love that the birthday girl is totally kicking it in her chair.  Lily and Bella were glad to play along with everything, and though it was a little crazy chasing the two of them around, it really was a lot of fun.

IMG_0354

I think this is the prettiest party table that I have seen in real life - not on a blog.  Adorable!

IMG_0357

Then, it was time for a dance lesson of sorts.  I didn't know how Lily would do, but she really listened and followed directions, which was great to see as a mom and super cute.

IMG_0361
Picnik collage
IMG_0370
IMG_0375

This next pictures makes me laugh really hard.  She really ♥s Ring around the Rosie - she may love it more than everybody else.

IMG_0378

Bella made her own fun during the dancing portion of the party.

IMG_0363
IMG_0374

Then, it was time for an adorable craft that utilized their little handprints to make a tutu - I did not get any pictures of it, since it was hard enough to wrangle them and paint their hands.  Lily snuck a donut during the dancing, and by the time I got to her - she stuffed the entire thing into her mouth.  Bella was ready for craft-time - she crawled away with the paintbrush.

Picnik collage

Then, they served cake on a giant blanket with the girls names on pink and white polka dotted duck tape and place mats (side note: "placemats" autocorrected to "placentas"  I am so glad that no one was eating off of placentas and so glad I caught that).  The girls loved all the treats and definitely got sugared up.

IMG_0383
IMG_0384
IMG_0385

In that last picture, Bella is double-fisting it.  She is in training for her own first birthday party tomorrow night.  Hilarious.
      Happy Birthday, Allee - thanks for hosting such a fun party, Kelly!  We loved it!  Later on Saturday, we took a trip to the State Fair and had a blast and found $28.  I'll write about it tomorrow.

4 comments:

Kristin Murdock said...

OH MY GOSH I love it! And look at Bella being such a big girl and eating all by herself. LOVE it. :)

Kelly B. said...

Love the pictures Carol!! So glad you and your girlies had fun at Allee's party! :)

wallacefamilyblog said...

that might just be the cutest birthday idea ever-adorable!

Carmenzhss said...

that might just be the cutest birthday idea ever-adorable!